Axiom Home Page
Posted By: AdamM Two subs? - 12/08/09 04:09 PM
I have an old velodyne vx-10 and was wondering if it would make sence to run it with an ep-500, or would it just get eaten alive?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Two subs? - 12/08/09 06:14 PM
Best we can tell you is to try it, and let us know how it works. It probably wouldn't help much, but if it's a decent (read: non-boomy) sub, then it might be worthwhile.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Two subs? - 12/08/09 07:31 PM
Adam, it should not hurt anything, where do you plan to place it in the room compared to the 500? If anything it will help even out the overall response in the room, if placed on opposite walls.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Two subs? - 12/08/09 08:24 PM
At worst you find out how bad the Velodyne is, at best you get better in room bass response, give it a try.
Posted By: Riker Re: Two subs? - 12/08/09 10:20 PM
Hi Adam,

I run my older Energy 10" sub with my new EP500 and I feel that it has indeed improved the overall smoothness of the bass response. My 10" in up front with my mains and my EP500 is behind my listening position. If you can hook up both subs, why not ? it was beneficial in my case.

Cheers
Posted By: AdamM Re: Two subs? - 12/09/09 05:19 PM
Thank for the feedback I think I will try it out. I am always battling with bass so maybe it will help in smoothing things out. About the rear placement my room has a riser bult in for my second couch its 15" tall, should I place the ep500 on it? Also the room is limited in its width at 12' not leaving much room for side placement.

Posted By: jakewash Re: Two subs? - 12/09/09 05:27 PM
The best you can do is try the sub out in various spots and run it where it helps the most.
Posted By: grunt Re: Two subs? - 12/09/09 06:14 PM
 Originally Posted By: AdamM
Thank for the feedback I think I will try it out. I am always battling with bass so maybe it will help in smoothing things out. About the rear placement my room has a riser bult in for my second couch its 15" tall, should I place the ep500 on it? Also the room is limited in its width at 12' not leaving much room for side placement.

Have you used Audyssey on your Denon? I’ve not been a big fan of it in the past but the version on my Onkyo 3007 is doing a pretty good job of taming the bass response in my room. So if you haven’t give as it’ll only cost you a little time.
Posted By: AdamM Re: Two subs? - 12/10/09 05:57 PM
I don't have the option to use Audyssey, unless I have completely missed it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Two subs? - 12/10/09 05:58 PM
Your Denon is pre Audyssey.
Posted By: grunt Re: Two subs? - 12/10/09 06:04 PM
Sorry I didn’t notice which Denon you are using.
© Axiom Message Boards