Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Stereoguy99 More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/09/09 11:39 PM
Hi: I belong to "Digital Home" one of the moderators "Hugh" had some interesting things(negative) to say about Axiom here is the link to it: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=116264

I find his lack of knowledge about Axioms laughable for a host of a site!! It is one thing to like the paradigms better but not slag them.See what you guys think.
Posted By: casey01 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 01:04 AM
I am sure you could go to every forum talking about every speaker brand in existence and you will find AT LEAST one individual like this. It is not uncommon. This is subjectivity carried to the ridiculous, uninformed end of the spectrum. I also chuckle when you hear someone who "claim" they have compared similar style speakers of quality well known brands who talk about one "blowing away" the other in terms of performance or some other ridiculous comment like that. Those differences just don't exist especially when you are comparing Canadian built speakers like Paradigm and Axiom.

A significant number, especially many in the US are not aware that these companies along with PSB and others all started with the same roots of measuring speaker performance and developing their products at the NRC in Ottawa, hence, aside from their own particular cabinet designs, transparent, neutral sound is what the goal is of all them which, in turn, makes their "sound" similar to one another.

That is why as far as anyone who knows anything about the different speaker brands and their design (and have actually listened to them), know that comments like this are totally irrelevant.
Posted By: roar Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 03:50 AM
I didn't think his 'critism' was too bad at all. The only input I thought he really gave was that he didn't like their build quality, what can you do, that was his opninion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I think we've all read a lot worse about axiom from some other links posted here.

I really enjoy mine and I think that's what matters. \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 04:08 AM
He was misinforming people about the cost difference between the Studios and the Axioms and when someone posted the actual pricing differences he shut the thread down.
Posted By: Ajax Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 04:44 AM
I particularly enjoyed his "I've been rudely assaulted by a first time poster (who is a member of the Axiom Audio forum) and by an "old hand" at the Axiom website so I am closing this thread" comment. I thought it was hilariously funny. I didn't see what I would consider an "insult" let alone an "assault." Anyone with skin that thin shouldn't even post on internet forums let alone run one. He'd last about 10 seconds on the AVS forum.

That being said, he is, of course welcome to his opinion and to express that opinion. However, he apparently is unwilling to grant the same freedom to anyone who disagrees with his opinion. Very sad.
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 04:55 AM
Hi: To say thin skinned is an understatement \:\/ .I've been banned from the site!! Oh well I stated on my first post that I listened to both the 60's V-5 AND the Axiom's which I thought and still do sounded better especially for the money.

I guess I'll just put up with all the rude people here with our"inferior" Axioms LOL \:D
Posted By: Ajax Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 05:07 AM
It pleases me to know that, though he can silence anyone who disagrees with him at his forum, over here he is impotent and we know he comes over here to read all the terrible things we're saying about him.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 06:47 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ajax

Anyone with skin that thin shouldn't even post on internet forums let alone run one. He'd last about 10 seconds on the AVS forum.

Why do you think he runs his own forum. It’s good to be King. ;\)

The greatest irony in this for me is that in over 3 years reading this forum I’ve seen some pretty outrageous hyperbole posted here by people with a grudge against Axiom or this forum and never once seen Axiom close or even moderate a thread. But this guy closes a thread based on posts over here. He would have looked a tad more mature if he had just left his reason for shutting it down that the OP had bailed and the thread went off topic and it was no longer relevant or productive and steered clear of the Narcissism
Posted By: davidsch Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 12:47 PM
Now there is someone dying to get in the last word. How dare you disagree with the King!
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 07:24 PM
Weellll!! "The King" has banned me from his little castle too!! \:D

It would seem that when someone tries to help a poster to make an informed decision on a substancial purchase you must agree with the administrator.

I pointed out to the OP that he should consider Axioms if he was considering Paradigms as I did, as they are very similar sonically but that he could save a "not insubstancial" amount by choosing the Axioms over the P'digms.

"The King", fully entitled to his own opinion, tried to minimize my own in an immature and demeaning way by referring to me as a "first time poster" and pretty much called me a liar concerning the pricing of these two speakers(specifically Studio 100 vs M80s). I pointed out that there are many custom wood finishes for the M80s which do not exceed $2000 vs the $3000 +/- per pr. of Studio 100s (V5) that I was quoted by !!THREE!! different Paradigm dealers. Naturally he used Axiom's labour intensive "High Gloss Piano Rosewood" as his comparison, which is still a couple of hundred $'s less(more South of the Border).

He is entitled to his opinion, I have no problem with that, but he was misleading the OP in a couple of respects, those being the sonics of these speakers which can obviousy be debated, but, clearly he was misleading concerning pricing. I made a point of telling the OP that if you like either of these speakers, you pretty much inherently like the other.

As a sidenote, "The King" chose the affordable DSP3400 to go with his Studios....one would have thought he would have chosen the matching Studio Sub...Oh yeah, I forgot,they cost around 3-4 times what the DSP subs cost.

That's my 2 cents.

(2 cents Cad=approx 1.91 cents US)

Disclaimer.....some names have been changed to protect the guilty.
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 08:00 PM
Hi Adrian: Welcome to banned list!!! \:\/ \:D ;\) well if a troll shows up here we might have an idea where it came from!!!
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 08:03 PM
Anyone else want a membership? \:D
Posted By: Ukiah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 08:27 PM
Here’s what I deduce from the Digital Home thread:
This guy, “Hugh”, was giving his opinion. Not even a strong opinion.
Again, typically, Axiom forum members jumped this guy for having a difference of opinion not complimentary to Axiom.
Think of the way Axiom forum members discuss companies like Bose, Klipsch, Monster, Energy etc.
This thread “More Misformation about Axiom's!!!” is the equivalent of “the pot calling the kettle black”.

Just silly!!

Did you mean "misinformation" rather than "misformatiom"
Posted By: CatBrat Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 08:38 PM
Your getting sleepy. S-l-e-e-p-y. V-e-r-y S-l-e-e-p-y. Repeat after me. "There are no better speakers than Axion." Now when I snap my fingers, you will click on the PRODUCTS link then on the EPIC 80-600 link, and you will place an order.
Posted By: davidsch Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 08:52 PM
I'm not ripping the guy for having an contrary opinion about Axiom. I'm ripping the guy for banning two posters in the forum and closing down the thread because he did not like what they said. Fair enough if you have listened to Axioms and don't like them, but let others have their say as well. Axiom would let this guy say what he wants to on their forum without banning him or closing a thread.
Posted By: f1nels Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 08:52 PM
I did participate in that thread. I guess if 'hugh' said something along the lines like" I have listened to them both and prefered the Paradigms" then that may have come across OK, but instead issued a " don't waste your money on Axioms" it does come across a little harsher and does insult those of us who have spent money on them.I have owned both and currently have Axioms as my mains but could easily own either brand.To start a thread over here about what's goin on over there though, may be a bit of an over reaction.Just enjoy the music boys, whatever you own!
Posted By: Nick B Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 09:35 PM
This stuff from Hugh is like what you read a lot in forums. A guy has a certain brand of speakers (or TV, DVD player, receiver, etc.) and every other brand is total crap in comparison. I love my Axiom's and they are a huge step up from the Bose cube speakers. But, I don't really have any other frame of reference to judge any other speakers by. Maybe the Paradigms are much better than Axioms, but I can't say since I haven't A/Bed them in my room. I did just recently got an Aperion set of speakers, but since they are not in the same room as my Axiom's I can't really say which speaker I like better. They just sound different. I really like how my Axioms sound in the home theater and really like how the Aperions sound in the other room with background music.

- Nick
Posted By: chesseroo Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/10/09 10:21 PM
Has anyone seen the latest video from Ian?
http://www.axiomaudio.com/ian-video-message.html
Posted By: Ukiah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 12:20 AM
Two points:
1st Yes it was childish to ban members for what are really benign comments.
2nd Axiom forum members have no say in who says what to whom. Unless it’s completely and overtly rude, you’re safe. Axiom staff has sole discretion in this area.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 02:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: chesseroo
Has anyone seen the latest video from Ian?
http://www.axiomaudio.com/ian-video-message.html

Nice!

Oh, and Hugh is acting like a crybaby. I've been a part of other (non-speaker related) forums where the owner/moderator of the forum picked Blu-Ray as the winnder over HD-DVD (I know, he was right), but it was WELL before the battle got going, and he was misquoting specs and all out lying. Well, most of the people there had no clue about anything home theater related, and when I spoke up with pure facts, no opinion, my posts got deleted. I reposted thinking I must not have hit the "Post" button or something, and I got banned.

BANNED for stating facts, with links to the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD sites with the specs and details, and all on a site that had NOTHING to do with home theater. Well, I got my access back, but to this date, I have a hard time going back there. The guy is no longer the "king", but he convinced the current management that I was a troublemaker, and when they took over there was no record of my messages... Just his word against mine. It is amazing when a troll can run a forum.
Posted By: HAY Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 07:26 AM
Hugh has had a hate on Axiom since the beginning due to the referral marketing they did. Axiom straight up responded to him about it though when asked.

Hugh and Axiom

I just love how in this most recent event he blames Axiom again and not the actual individuals posting....

Here's a really recent one that is positive though?
Set ups between $2500-$3500
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 10:27 AM
About as good as it will get from Hugh. Its funny how he tries to inflate the costs of the system by stating the QS8s REQUIRE matching stands, matching stands would be necessary for any surround speaker not mounted to a wall, at least Axiom supplies a wall mount for free with the QS series.
Posted By: davidsch Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 12:03 PM
 Originally Posted By: Ukiah
Two points:
1st Yes it was childish to ban members for what are really benign comments.
2nd Axiom forum members have no say in who says what to whom. Unless it’s completely and overtly rude, you’re safe. Axiom staff has sole discretion in this area.

I am fully aware of Axiom's role in this forum as I have been a member for six years.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 12:47 PM
I’m not sure what that second point meant. If the point is that axiom doesn’t get into pissing contests with posters and then in order to get the last word in close the tread, why then I would agree.

Originally Posted By: HAY

Hugh has had a hate on Axiom since the beginning due to the referral marketing they did. Axiom straight up responded to him about it though when asked.

Hugh and Axiom

I just love how in this most recent event he blames Axiom again and not the actual individuals posting....

Here's a really recent one that is positive though?
Set ups between $2500-$3500

Didn’t some local doc just watch a movie about this type of personality Ideas of reference
Posted By: terzaghi Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 01:10 PM
One of the worst forums with @sshole moderators is the xboxscene forums. Those moderators have a bad attitude and ban people all the time. I quit posting there a long time ago. I guess some people get off on having control over a forum or something.
Posted By: HAY Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 06:38 PM
 Originally Posted By: grunt
I’m not sure what that second point meant. If the point is that axiom doesn’t get into pissing contests with posters and then in order to get the last word in close the tread, why then I would agree.

Yes, that is what I meant basically. I really don't like how he assumes that anyone posting from the Axiom site is automatically affiliated. Why bash the company (Axiom) because some clients were being vocal?
Posted By: Potatohead Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 07:39 PM
This kind of stuff is so stupid and just a waste of time. People have been arguing brand names for decades (think Chevy vs Ford etc.). I personally don't understand why some people will so rabidly defend a brand. It's not like these companies are paying these people to represent their product, and even if someone were endorsed, I don't imagine any company with any brains would want their representatives slagging on the competition. Let the product sell itself. People have different opinions, life goes on. I am generally loyal to a brand I am happy with without question, but that does not mean it's the only choice and everything else is terrible.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 07:56 PM
Some people are simply rabidly vocal loyalists who believe their preferences can and should be generalized to apply to others. I don't like to talk to these people very much.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 08:02 PM
Thanks for the info on the past bad blood, it paints a more complete picture.

Originally Posted By: HAY

Yes, that is what I meant basically. I really don't like how he assumes that anyone posting from the Axiom site is automatically affiliated. Why bash the company (Axiom) because some clients were being vocal?

Sorry man I didn’t write that very well. I was referring to the second point that Ukiah made:

Originally Posted By: Ukiah

Posted By: Murph Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 08:05 PM
Shudder. Even worse is the person who preaches a single minded, political view.

EDIT: My post was in response to Peter's comment about not speaking much to "rabidly vocal loyalists".
Posted By: casey01 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/11/09 08:23 PM
Over the years, I have found in any hobby such as ours, where there is a large group of people that take more than a casual interest, you will always find a small select few in that group who are obsessed with the tiny unimportant details of the equipment itself rather than actually enjoying what it does! I am sure at one time or another, we have all run in to them. You will tend to find them more in so-called "high-end" high priced retail outlets. A couple of years ago I met a fellow who had that kind of attitude and had just opened a new store. He is now OUT of business. A few are convinced the only way to listen to music is through very expensive tube amplifiers and vinyl and say everything else is garbage. Being an old musician way back, I ran into guitar players who were totally convinced unless you were playing a 1957 "vintage" Fender Stratocaster everything else was crap!

There is, in essence, kind of a "misplaced snobbery" in which you to have to roll you eyes and ignore.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/12/09 08:06 PM
Well I suppose when you're king you can throw anyone you want in the dungeon and forget about them. Luckily for us this is only the internet and not anything terribly important, so life goes on. Sounds to me like this guy Huge didn't like what he viewed as sneaky advertising from Axiom, and it's left a bad taste in his mouth for Axiom as a whole. That sort of thing can happen, I understand it. It's not usually anyone's fault in particular, so I don't hold it against Huge or Axiom, it's just one of those things. You can take a highly respected company like Honda, that has pumped out loads and loads of dependable, affordable, reliable and environmentaly responsible cars over the years and still find people who've had a bad experience with the company and dislikes them. The sad part is it's not the products fault, it's the human factor that causes these feelings. People, in general, irk other people.

I live in a very prejudice area. I was lucky enough to have been born and raised in a non-prejudice family and area during my formative years. I was born in Vancouver and also lived in a small town south of Calgary Alberta. It wasn't until I moved to Indiana at age 10 that I heard the word 'nigger' for the very first time. I didn't have any clue what it meant. Of course since then I've come to accept that (white) people in this area are raised to belive that they are the superior race. Which is unfortunate, because it really does nothing but create problems. I've heard it said many times that if we could only get the blacks out of this country, then everything would be fine. It's hilarious to me that a person could truely believe something like that. In my experiences I've come to understand that human nature is two sided. When people meet other people they do two things, first of all they look for things they have in common with the other person.

Do they like sports? Do they drink? Do they ride motorcycles?

And people like to surroung themselves with other people with the same interests. But the second thing that happens is after finding common ground, most people then find where their differences lie, and groups then start to subdivide. So, "do you like sports" begins the relationship as a bonding criteria, but it quickly leads to, "oh you like the Patriots? They suck, you're an asshole"! "Do you drink" winds up, "oh you're a Bud Light drinker, what a pussy". And, "do you ride motorcycles" ends up, "oh your on a rice burner, grow up"! So the things that initially bring us together, ultimately tear us apart.

So those eternally looking forward to the day that the white's rise up and throw the blacks off of the continent will be sad to find out that everything isn't fixed. Because there will still be those who are Patriot fans, drink Bud Light and own a Kawasaki.

Ummm... ok seems I may have strayed off topic just a bit. But I was trying to point out that there will always be differences between people, even in small subgroups like audio lovers. You would think the love of audio would bind us, but we humans can find ways to hate eachother no matter how alike we may be. That's just the way it is.
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/12/09 08:31 PM
 Originally Posted By: Micah
Well I suppose when you're king you can throw anyone you want in the dungeon and forget about them. Luckily for us this is only the internet and not anything terribly important, so life goes on. Sounds to me like this guy Huge didn't like what he viewed as sneaky advertising from Axiom, and it's left a bad taste in his mouth for Axiom as a whole. That sort of thing can happen, I understand it. It's not usually anyone's fault in particular, so I don't hold it against Huge or Axiom, it's just one of those things. You can take a highly respected company like Honda, that has pumped out loads and loads of dependable, affordable, reliable and environmentally responsible cars over the years and still find people who've had a bad experience with the company and dislikes them. The sad part is it's not the products fault, it's the human factor that causes these feelings. People, in general, irk other people.

I live in a very prejudice area. I was lucky enough to have been born and raised in a non-prejudice family and area during my formative years. I was born in Vancouver and also lived in a small town south of Calgary Alberta. It wasn't until I moved to Indiana at age 10 that I heard the word 'nigger' for the very first time. I didn't have any clue what it meant. Of course since then I've come to accept that (white) people in this area are raised to belive that they are the superior race. Which is unfortunate, because it really does nothing but create problems. I've heard it said many times that if we could only get the blacks out of this country, then everything would be fine. It's hilarious to me that a person could truely believe something like that. In my experiences I've come to understand that human nature is two sided. When people meet other people they do two things, first of all they look for things they have in common with the other person.

Do they like sports? Do they drink? Do they ride motorcycles?

And people like to surroung themselves with other people with the same interests. But the second thing that happens is after finding common ground, most people then find where their differences lie, and groups then start to subdivide. So, "do you like sports" begins the relationship as a bonding criteria, but it quickly leads to, "oh you like the Patriots? They suck, you're an asshole"! "Do you drink" winds up, "oh you're a Bud Light drinker, what a pussy". And, "do you ride motorcycles" ends up, "oh your on a rice burner, grow up"! So the things that initially bring us together, ultimately tear us apart.

So those eternally looking forward to the day that the white's rise up and throw the blacks off of the continent will be sad to find out that everything isn't fixed. Because there will still be those who are Patriot fans, drink Bud Light and own a Kawasaki.

Ummm... ok seems I may have strayed off topic just a bit. But I was trying to point out that there will always be differences between people, even in small subgroups like audio lovers. You would think the love of audio would bind us, but we humans can find ways to hate each other no matter how alike we may be. That's just the way it is.

Micah: I couldn't agree more what has REALLY changed in the last 40 years!!! As a Jewish person I've encountered antisemitism which has shocked me(Out to take over the world,dirty jew,etc)if humans (most not all however)do not figure out we are supposed to get along and help each other(just not at holiday time)then "our" collective future is very bleak as a species!!!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/13/09 01:00 AM
So why are we still here discussing this? Obviously this Hugh guy uses his web forums to cry "foul" in response to the discussions here. The old post, which he revived in response to this thread here, was about the "refer-a-friend" program, which I think is a great thing, but as we all know, most of those "referrals" were not from anyone posting any review or comment on a web site, but by them coming to one of our homes and doing an audition. The speakers made the sale, not some blind click to the Axiom web site through a link. I still say that the original poster probably should have found the right place to post the link and should have made people aware of what it meant to them. Sure, it would have diminished their creditability, possibly, but it would have been open an honest.

I do find it utterly silly that the posters over there seemed to hold Axiom directly responsible for the actions of its product owners, as if we are all employees now or something. Heck, I've done a couple of in-home demo's for some people that I don't think bought anything. I didn't care, it was just fun to do.

So anyway, the more we discuss this over here, the more Hugh states that someone here bad mouthed and insulted him. I think that some of his comments (quite a few actually) are pretty crappy at best and I am ready to just let his own whining and crying speak for itself. He is biased against Axiom, that is clear, but he is far from the only one out there. Heck, there are people in the world that still say that Bose cube systems sound perfect. That is their uneducated experience, my knowledge proves otherwise, and I can live with that.
Posted By: Ukiah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/13/09 01:38 AM
How wonderful for you!
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/13/09 09:57 PM
I have to ask Micah, which small town south of Calgary, High River, Okotoks or farther South?
Posted By: roar Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/14/09 12:06 AM
Wow did this thread ever take a turn!
Posted By: punisher101 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/14/09 05:21 AM
I've been a member on digital home forum and thought they were a credible forum but after this unprovoked Axiom bashing I'm having second thoughts.

Hugh, thinks it's inethical for customers to act as a sales channel. What world does this guy live in? Have you seen the movie Transformers, do you realize how much product placement is in that movie? What does that mean, that all those companies that pay for the products are evil??
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/14/09 05:59 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
I have to ask Micah, which small town south of Calgary, High River, Okotoks or farther South?

Ooops, I spaced that sorry. Actually it's a small town south of Edmonton, and NORTH of Calgary. A town so small it's really just a hiccup on highway 2 between Olds and Innisfail. A little town named 'Bowden'. When I was growing up there the population was only around 800. At that time I think Innisfail was around 15,000 and I thought it was a BIG city!

I remember there was a gas station on the highway that sold a shirt that read, "Where The Hell's Bowden"? That shirt about said it all. If you weren't a local, then you probably never heard of Bowden, and probably never will.
Posted By: jumbo_tron Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/14/09 06:04 AM
I think someone should sit him down and give him a double blind test and not tell him Axiom's or Paradigm's are used. Then we can all have a good laugh when he love's him some Axiom's!!!
Posted By: onn Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/14/09 07:11 PM
Micah
Did you live in the Bowden Pen.? \:\)
The gas station is still there and the RCMP have their dog training facility there as well.
Everyones heard of Bowden!
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/15/09 07:09 AM
Ah, the penitentiary. Yeah I suppose if you have to be known for something... ;\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/15/09 07:12 AM
My wife is also from a town with a famous-ish prison. Whenever someone hears where she's from, it's either that or the Air Force base...
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/15/09 09:55 AM
They just rebuilt the gas station at Bowden, it looks nice.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/15/09 07:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
My wife is also from a town with a famous-ish prison. Whenever someone hears where she's from, it's either that or the Air Force base...

Valparaiso?
Posted By: Ian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/15/09 07:22 PM
As a further note to this one Hugh also sent and e-mail message directly to Axiom. From what I could interpret from his curt message it was basically threatening us to either remove this thread from our message board (which he found insulting) or there would be consequences brought to my company. Below is the response I sent to Hugh which hopefully brings some much needed balance to this situation. It is disheartening that Hugh hates Axiom so much but hopefully we can end up, at a minimum, with some form of mutual respect being applied to our differences.

Hugh,

I think I should start by clarifying that none of the people who have posted on this thread on our message board are Axiom employees. I would also appreciate it if you could tell me which post you find insulting; I read through them and could not find one. It is not the policy of Axiom to sensor our message board as we view this both counterproductive and less fun. Hence we are not willing to willy-nilly take down threads on our message board; but if you can point to some particularly egregious personal or profane comment we will consider removing it.

I think it would also be constructive if you took a moment and stepped back to look at what has happened here. This entire incident was started by your comment on your message board “Don’t waste the money on Axioms”. You made this comment to a person who owns and loves his Axiom products; do you see the antagonistic and underlying insulting nature of such a comment? Frankly I was quite surprised at how civil everyone was in response to your comment made in direct response to an Axiom owner.

Beyond technically insulting everyone who has purchased and loves their Axiom products it is also a direct attack at me. As someone who has spent 30 years researching the science of sound, spent 10 years directly involved in probably the most in-depth research project ever done into loudspeaker performance, has spent millions of dollars building a state of the art acoustical research and development laboratory, and has a deep personal desire to make every Axiom product the best it can possibly be; “Don’t waste the money on Axioms” is an insult. Beyond myself there is a very long term and dedicated staff here at Axiom that share in this passion. You have insulted them also.

It would seem from your comment “as I find the notion of affiliate marketing distasteful unless it is clearly identified” that your real problem with my company may lie in this program as opposed to the actual products. Affiliate programs are a very common thing among on-line companies. One of the pioneers of this program was Amazon. Our affiliate program was created mainly so we could participate in certain shopping sites and so our network of custom installers could make a commission for using our products in their installations. The actual number of people who are simply owners of our product that are affiliate members is extremely small and they are not the ones posting about your comments. I might add that in the world of marketing and selling products an affiliate program for people who own and love their products is quite benign if you consider what goes on in the retail environment (just look at the practice of spiffs for products that need to get moved out of the warehouse or are added by the manufacturers and distributors). Beyond all this you commented that “I do not carry Paradigm advertising”. Does this mean if you did carry Paradigm advertising you would have to stop recommending them? Does this mean that the products advertised on your site are only products you would not recommend? Clearly I do not share your distaste for our affiliate program and that may solely be due to the fact that I know how benign our affiliate program is; whereas you have to deduce its scope, and that may conjure up thoughts of huge pyramid schemes or the like.

In closing I would just like to say that I am truly saddened that two people in the same industry, both with a passion for that industry, cannot be at least a bit more constructive towards positive end goals. Certainly if you ever feel even a slight change of heart to learn more about Axiom the company, its products, its roots, its philosophy, and its people I would be delighted to put the current animosity into the past.

Sincerely,

Ian Colquhoun
President
Posted By: Spoiler Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/15/09 07:47 PM

There you have it, Hugh. Simply Axiom owners stating their opinion. No affiliates, no thread closing...etc. Well said, Ian.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/15/09 10:14 PM
 Quote:
if humans (most not all however)do not figure out we are supposed to get along and help each other(just not at holiday time)then "our" collective future is very bleak as a species!!!

My personal belief is that we're not supposed to do anything. We make choices. Obviously the best hope for our entire species (which is comprised of individuals), is to choose to get along / work together / etc because it's the right thing to do, not because we're supposed to do it.
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/15/09 10:22 PM
You're a lion. You eat people. What do you know? ;\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 12:26 AM
Very good, Ian. Thank you very much.
Posted By: fredk Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 12:49 AM
Nice to see you on the forum Ian. I just wish it was to talk about all things audio instead of this sillyness.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 01:09 AM
I belong to many forums, and have owned many brands of speakers through the years. This type of stuff just seems so silly. Reminds me of my old AVSforum days, which is why I rarely login anymore. We all have a common interest here, Audio. When you attend the many Audio/Video conventions around the country, most of the owners respect each other, well maybe all except BOSE. \:\)

I don't see why Hugo has so much hate towards Axiom, and I'm still waiting for his factual basis for his statements. It is ok to cast opinions about a particular company, but if your just blowing hot air with no scientific basis, it means nothing. As soon as someone calls him in a tactful way, he bans them. They should change the name of that forum to Hugo's Utopia or whatever.

Anyway, I've read the entire thread mentioned, and I don't see how any of the Axiom folks are attacking Hugo, they are just asking sensible questions asking for the basis of his opinion. In fact, it seems just the opposite like the pot calling the kettle black. He is the one making statements about Axiom, not the other way around, and then he bans anyone that DARE question him, what a joke.

Paradigm and Axiom are both great speaker companies from the great white north. As long as I've been a member on the Axiom forum, we have always given Paradigm great respect. In some of the AB listening tests I've done, the Paradigm Studio line has been very similar to Axiom's lineup.

Hugh, come on man, get over yourself and join the rest of us that love this hobby. If you can't get over people that might have a different opinion than you, maybe you should look for some other way to relieve your obvious stress.

*update - I see now that he is again bashing Axiom on the above noted thread, and planning on closing it permately. How do people like that become moderators of a board, oh wait, he is the board.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 01:27 AM
It's all about responses... I like mine flat, both on-axis and off-axis! \:\)
Posted By: fredk Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 01:32 AM
Another Flockhart fan...
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 01:44 AM
This guy is so power hungry in my opinion he is actually trying to close/censor whats said on this forum through bully tactics. I wonder what would happen if someone dares steps on his toes or tells him what he should or should not post on his forum...oh wait...how silly. \:\/

Well said Ian. I doubt he will take you up on your offer but I hope I am proven wrong. Its nice to see what a class act Axiom is and taking the high road and trying to make ammends with this narcissist and bully (my opinion \:\) not Axioms) . This is all over something so ridiculous watching it from the sideline.

As an Axiom customer I extend to you Hugh an olive branch . Please accept. No hard feelings. This situation is so highschool.
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 01:56 AM
Hi: Thanks Ian very well said!! Some people are so insecure they can't handle a little criticism! The issue is being blown way out of proportion by Hugh it is very sad oh well nothing we can do here. Interesting before banning me he never answered my question about taking a tour of the plant(Axiom's) to see how the speakers were build! In a way I regret posting what happened here as it caused a bunch of aggravation to some people over a silly matter.
Posted By: Ajax Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 03:05 AM
WOW Ian. Thanks, so much, for clarifying the entire situation. I simply cannot believe that someone would demand that a thread at another forum be closed and threaten consequences if it isn't. Shameful behavior.

Please say hi to Amie for me and tell her I miss her sense of humor. Happy holidays to you both.
Posted By: punisher101 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 04:21 AM
Well put Ian. I think this is just fanboyism and a severe case of cognitive dissonance on part of Hugh.

You can't change prejudice you can only try.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 06:45 AM
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House

This guy is so power hungry in my opinion he is actually trying to close/censor whats said on this forum through bully tactics. I wonder what would happen if someone dares steps on his toes or tells him what he should or should not post on his forum...oh wait...how silly.

Originally Posted By: Ajax

WOW Ian. Thanks, so much, for clarifying the entire situation. I simply cannot believe that someone would demand that a thread at another forum be closed and threaten consequences if it isn't. Shameful behavior.

Not unusual for a king to want to be emperor. ;\)

@ Hugh, if you are still reading this I have an idea for you. Don’t!

Also, in the future consider that what you say publicly directly reflects on the organization you represent. Had a simple member made your comments I doubt anyone would have noticed or cared. Keep in mind that one can voice displeasure with others and/or their products w/o being unprofessional, that way if they overreact they’re the ones that look bad and get talked about.
Posted By: mpyw Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 09:41 AM
Now this is INSULT!!

Quote:
Sorry, we cannot serve up the page you requested!

If you are trying to reach the Digital Forum and have arrived at this page, then please read the following.

In order to stop an onslaught of spam and poor behaviour on the Digital Forum, Digital Home has been forced to deny access to a wide range of IP addresses from outside of North America and a few inside North America. Without these bans, Digital Home would be overwhelmed by hundreds of spammers a day from Russia and the former Soviet republics, Germany, India, China, Korea and many countries in Africa.

It is likely that you may have been caught in our attempts to stop would be spammers.
Are you in North America?

If you are in North America and you are being blocked from the Digital Home then please send an email to query at digitalhome.ca to notify us. Send us your Name, IP address, company, and city your are in and we will ensure that you can access the Digital Forum. Without this information, we are unable to assist you.
Are you outside North America?

Unfortunately, if you are outside of North America, there is little we can do to help you. In our research, we have found that over 99% of posts made by members outside of North America were simply spam. The problem was so bad that our volunteer moderators were spending hours a day dealing with the problem manually.

Since our site is primarily aimed at Canadians the IP ban is our only method for reducing vast amounts of spam and cannot be lifted. We apologize but hope you understand.
Digital Home Canada

and I am from outside of North America.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 10:50 AM
Is this spam? ;\)
Posted By: Argon Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 01:21 PM
Ian, Hear HEAR!

To me this entire incident is a barometer of current times. I struggle with my daughters over internet content. Getting them to understand that it is what it is. Mucho opinion and precious little fact. So....someone like Huge can do as he pleases - and that is his right. Same Same for some of the silly spats that go on at AVS. It is amazing to me how folks can goad each other into a tizzy over forum posts and e-mail? My solution is ignore and move on. Of course, if real consequences are threatened, that is a different story....re the Blue Jeans vs. Monster face off. Haven't heard anything further beyond what was posted a few weeks back.....
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 03:11 PM
Hi Hugo \:\)
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 03:52 PM
I don't really have a problem with Hughs opinion on the affiliate program. The internet is a wonderful thing. He is entitled to his opinion just as much as we are. It allows consumers/companies to be heard both negative and positive. The irony with Hugh and the fact that he is a forum adminstrator, he does not quote anything in context (101 of forum etiquette). I find this important in cases like this when making accusations or stating something as fact (not necessarily with opinions) because it gives the individuals or in this case the consumers reading a better overall understanding of what was said and provides proper context which gives the consumer the tools to make better decisions. If one deletes comments or tries to control the flow of information I find this counter-productive in my opinion and a disservice to consumers, especially when comments are made after in reference to them.
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 05:25 PM
I like how he has now hurt himself and his advertisers by restricting who is able to get on his forum, smooth move...
Posted By: Argon Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 05:51 PM
I hear you Dr.House. It is precisely because of occurrences like the "Huge Incident" that I stress to my daughters to be careful what you believe off the internet. I have not read the entire thread - but I would assume that the posts and opposite opinions can be deleted without a trace? To quote from the book of John L. "Most peculiar, Momma"
Posted By: pmbuko Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 06:38 PM
I think this has run its course, guys. It's starting to sound like Tiger Woods gossip in here.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 07:04 PM
Awe come on I wanted to hear more about Bowden. ;\)
Posted By: Wid Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 07:11 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I think this has run its course, guys. It's starting to sound like Tiger Woods gossip in here.

Yeah man.
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/16/09 08:19 PM
It is situated next to highway 2 about 10 min. south of Innisfail, has a reasonably nice golf course and hasn't changed much in the 30years I have been driving by. There is a respectable fishing/camping area about 30 minutes west with the Dickson Dam leisure grounds or even closer at Red Lodge \:\)

Pics @ 11
Posted By: LT61 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 04:29 AM
 Quote:
if humans (most not all however)do not figure out we are supposed to get along and help each other(just not at holiday time)then "our" collective future is very bleak as a species!!!

One of my other "Larryisms" fits well in this....keep in mind:

"You can never get along with someone, who does not wish to be gotten along with"
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 07:14 AM
Hey you promised pictures @ 11 and it’s past that now.

Is this the Bowden we’re talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowden,_Alberta

Which brings up a question I’ve wondered about since I graduated from Marine Corps boot camp. Our Company “Honour Man” at graduation was Canadian and when they announced where he was from they said Saskatoon Saskatchewan. Since many if not most countries I’ve been to use city and country I wondered if using city and province like the U.S uses city and state is the common way to refer to a Canadian city.
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 10:20 AM
That would be the Bowden we are talking about.

Yes, for clarity to those not aware of Canadian geography I would say Saskatoon Saskatchewan or Calgary Alberta especially on an international stage, but for the most part cities, towns etc. are just refered to as Saskatoon or Calgary or Banff or the center of the universe Toronto ;\)
Posted By: Argon Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 12:26 PM

I think Florida State asked him to step down?
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 05:16 PM
That was inexcuseable, no way to treat one of the best coaches they have ever had.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 07:35 PM
Wow, I'm actually stunned that Bowden made the Wikipedia... they really do have a little something about EVERYTHING don't they!

The golf coarse is nice, my grandmother lived in a house directly across from it. So I have many memories of it from my childhood. One of my favorites being jumping the fence in the winter on a Skidoo (the snow drifts went up over the top of thhe fence), with the Skidoo going one way, and me the other, and laughing so hard I had to do it again, and again, and again!

But being a youngster I didn't visit the golf course much beyond that experience. The only other great thing to do around Bowden was go visit the dump. Ah how could childhood memories get any better than sorting through other peoples trash for fun?

One of the stories I've always told people down here in the US is when I'm asked about if the myth of Canadian's being obsessed with hockey is true. I say look, I was raised from age 5 to age 10 in a dusty little town in Alberta with around 800 (I see in that Wikipedia post that it's grown 50%) inhabitants. We had a general store, a gas station a school that went from kindergarden to grade 13 (when there still was a grade 13) in one building, and not much else. But by golly they had themselves an indoor, climate controlled hockey arena in that tiny little town, and all the towns people, the neighboring farmers and anyone else with transportation was packed into that place every friday night for hockey night!

Oh yeah, Canadian's love them some hockey!!!
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 08:05 PM
Kind of like Kiwis and Rugby Football.
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 09:17 PM

Oh yeah, Canadian's love them some hockey!!!

The Leafs have been trying to change this for several decades now. ;\)
Posted By: Potatohead Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 09:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
That would be the Bowden we are talking about.

Yes, for clarity to those not aware of Canadian geography I would say Saskatoon Saskatchewan or Calgary Alberta especially on an international stage, but for the most part cities, towns etc. are just refered to as Saskatoon or Calgary or Banff or the center of the universe Toronto ;\)

It always sounds weird to me when someone says, "Vancouver, Canada."

I guess it depends on where you are in relation to the country and how well you know it. We don't say "Sydney, New South Wales", we say "Sydney, Australia".
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 11:17 PM
I would agree, it depends on where you are located. In North America, I would say Toronto, Ontario or Toledo, Ohio or Los Angeles, California but if I were in Europe, say, I would generally substitute the country in place of the Province or State.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 11:27 PM
It also depends on which town/city you're talking about. If I said I live in Richmond/USA, most people would assume the Richmond that resides in Virginia. There is probably a Richmond in most of the 50 states, so it's important to point out that I live in the one in Indiana.

If you're from Manhattan, not need to expand any further on it's whereabouts.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 11:39 PM
Well, there is a Manhattan, Kansas. \:\)

I am very accustomed to saying "Vancouver, BC" since there is a relatively large Vancouver, WA (right across the river from Portland, OR). Seattle is pretty much equidistant from the two Vancouvers.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 11:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Well, there is a Manhattan, Kansas. \:\)

Bahahahaha.... I did not know this \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/17/09 11:54 PM
And there are Madhatters in most cities.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 12:26 AM
And there's a Manhattan Beach in Southern California. Which is what I might think of.
Posted By: fredk Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 02:09 AM
You're right Jay, it really depends where you are. From here Calgary is just 'out there'. ;\)
Posted By: Argon Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 12:59 PM
And there's a Manhattan Beach in Southern California. Which is what I might think of.

I have a friend that works for Manhattan Associates in Atlanta.
Posted By: Murph Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 01:51 PM
Kind of like Kiwis and Rugby Football.

Football = Soccer (or Football)
Rugby = Rugby

Crazy American's. It's like when they say "Tuna Fish".
In Canada, when we say Tuna, we just assume it is a fish.

Posted By: CV Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 02:39 PM
The Utah Nordic Alliance doesn't like that assumption.
I love this forum. \:\)

Starts out a thread about some bitter guy with an ego problem on some other forum posting god-knows-what irrelevance about a brand of speakers that he dislikes and it ends up being a discussion about Canadian geography. Perhaps not the most amazing topic diversion ever, but it's up there....

And not *all* Americans say "tuna-fish". I am an American, and I have never said "tuna-fish" when referencing tuna. ;\)
It also depends on which town/city you're talking about. If I said I live in Richmond/USA, most people would assume the Richmond that resides in Virginia. There is probably a Richmond in most of the 50 states, so it's important to point out that I live in the one in Indiana.

If you're from Manhattan, not need to expand any further on it's whereabouts.

Bingo. I live in Jacksonville, Illinois. No one has ever heard of Jacksonville,IL. If you say "I'm from Jacksonville", they assume it's Jacksonville, Florida. And of course, the nearest city of any size is Springfield, IL. But you can't say "I'm from Springfield" either, as there are Springfield's everywhere. ;\)
Posted By: CatBrat Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 03:52 PM
 Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
And not *all* Americans say "tuna-fish". I am an American, and I have never said "tuna-fish" when referencing tuna. ;\)

I just call it "Cat food".
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 04:00 PM
I only call it tuna fish when referring to the can. If I'm talking about the fish or a cut of the fish, I call it tuna.

Still not something I want to eat, though.
Posted By: davidsch Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 05:21 PM
I only call it tuna fish when referring to the can. If I'm talking about the fish or a cut of the fish, I call it tuna.

Still not something I want to eat, though.

My use of tuna is similar to yours, although I love tuna in steak form with teriyaki sauce over it. I can't stand tuna salad.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 05:24 PM
My, aren't we the fussy eaters?
Posted By: Argon Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 05:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph

Crazy American's. It's like when they say "Tuna Fish".
In Canada, when we say Tuna, we just assume it is a fish.

Crazy Americans? I say "you can tuna piano but you can't tuna fish"
Posted By: davidsch Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 05:28 PM
My, aren't we the fussy eaters?

My wife tells me that frequently. I think that the problem that I have with tuna salad is the mayonnaise and celery in it.
Posted By: RickF Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 05:33 PM
No fussy eater here ... can't do raw oysters though, looks too much like something from a cow's nose.
Posted By: merchman Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 05:53 PM
\:D
Posted By: Wid Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 06:28 PM

I don't mind canned tuna but it has to be plain. I hate it any other way, tuna salad if freakin gross. The daughter makes that crap they call tuna helper, that stuff smells awful.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 06:35 PM
I like the various flavored stuff like lemon pepper, teriyaki that comes in the pouches. It’s great for taking on trips when your cooped up in a plane for 13 hours. The salmon is also good.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 06:51 PM
A nicoise salad is a good use of canned tuna (packed in olive oil) though the stuff you get at your typical grocery store is not the greatest (internet comes in handy with all sorts of food). Dry and overcooked is what comes to my mind when I think of canned tuna. With tuna salad I have to have it loaded with herbs, mayo and all sorts of diced veggies.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 07:00 PM
Hmm

Axiom bashing/defending, to geographical discussions, to canned tuna/tuna salad/packaged flavored tuna.

Interesting.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 07:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: Potatohead
Hmm

Axiom bashing/defending, to geographical discussions, to canned tuna/tuna salad/packaged flavored tuna.

Interesting.

Yeah, it takes a lot to mask the taste of tuna.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 07:34 PM
 Originally Posted By: Potatohead

Interesting.

A.D.D.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 08:55 PM
Of course in the more juvenile crowd, saying, "I think I'll have some tuna" it will probably be assumed your going downtown on your girlfriend. So around frat houses it might be worth avoiding having to walk down a row of hi-5's to specify that you are indeed talking about the fish.

In all other scenario's tuna will do. Unless you're part of the Dolphins organization, in which case they might think your talking about Bill Parcells. But I don't have a habit of saying, "I'm going to eat a ham-pig sandwich". So I suppose dropping the 'fish' from a 'tuna-fish' sandwich would be accurate.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 11:17 PM
I like tuna and raw oysters, but not at the same time. \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/18/09 11:22 PM
Tonight I will be having pig sausages, veggies with taters, all washed down with some cow milk.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/19/09 02:25 AM
You should wash it down with some grape wine, or perhaps a barley beer.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/19/09 06:09 AM

Well there is a "Wa"bowden in northern Manitoba.
Maybe they're cousins?

So has anyone seen Ian's latest video?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/19/09 06:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
Tonight I will be having pig sausages, veggies with taters, all washed down with some cow milk.

You really should specify cow's milk, because all mammals are able to produce milk. Someone might think you're drinking monkey milk.
Posted By: CV Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/19/09 06:21 AM
You're all making me think of the Upright Citizens Brigade skit where the guy is reading out of Battlezone Planet, an obvious mockery of Battlefield Earth. I remember the phrase "nutrition-food," but there were, of course, many others.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/20/09 06:42 PM
Speaking of battlefields, I was thinking now that we have all this fantastic animosity between us and the Hugh crowd all of us Axiomites should gather up, and all of the Hugoites do the same, and we could all have us a nice, clean rumble!!!

But before we do this, how many registered usernames do they have over there??? I only like a fair fight when I know I have the advantage.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/20/09 08:25 PM
We bring our 7 best to face their 7 best. \:D
Posted By: CV Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/20/09 08:32 PM
Oh, good. That means Amie's being called back into action.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/20/09 08:32 PM
 Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
We bring our 7 best to face their 7 best. \:D

I’m hooker!

Oh, your not talking about sevens.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/20/09 10:33 PM
If they're not up for a fistfight and would rather duke it out via a two-man gentlemans home theater debate, then I volunteer JohnK and ClubNeon to represent the Axiom community! \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/20/09 11:16 PM
If it actually is a fistfight, then who are your top two picks for that? I forget who all had martial arts training.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/20/09 11:20 PM
Well, that's flattering, thanks. Glad you're not putting me up for anything physical; I fear a single M80 would best me.
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/20/09 11:56 PM
I know Mojo was doing some martial arts trainng, I am sure we could convince him to join in \:\)
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/21/09 12:20 AM
I dunno who'd be a good wingman, but I'm sure BigWirz would be a good pick. I remember from BJ & the Bear that truckers are some knock down, drag out brawlers with an appetite for blood and aren't above pulling a tire iron out if the other guy is getn the best of em! ;\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/21/09 05:15 PM
If we take Bbigwyrz to the fight, then I gotta see that.

We'd win by forfeit, as they scratched their heads and/or laughed themselves silly.

REFLECT!

Audiopileup 2010!
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/21/09 05:25 PM
I can't think of a more perfect way to win an internet squable than that!

Lmao
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/21/09 09:13 PM
:::picturing "Shawn of the Dead" part, where vinyl is flying at the zombies:::
I can't think of a more perfect way to win an internet squable than that!
Lmao

Sometimes, I think we all suffer from just a bit too much . . .

Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/21/09 10:55 PM
Oh that is good!
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/21/09 10:56 PM
I still love the good ol... "fighting on the internet is like competing in the Special Olymics... even if you win, you're still retarded".
Posted By: pmbuko Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/22/09 04:23 AM
Then there's my latest signature. \:\)
Posted By: Castorio Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/24/09 01:46 AM
Hi all,

To start things off, I'd like to mention how funny I found all this drama between this thread and "The" Digital Forum site.

I think the reason that forum master (hugh) is so angry is because he is powerless of what can be said about him in this web site... he experienced an overwhelming loss of control.
Yes, he was stating his opinion about this company's speakers, his right to do so. Yes, some people said his opinions stank, they should have the right to do so.
But to end the discussions by locking down threads and closing them with his final arguments is not the healthiest way to debate.

Although his emotions 'could' be considered normal, his reaction to the situation is very immature...
I have read all the comments about him in this thread and IMO they are all harmless, and I have to say that I agree with all of them.
In his attempts to 'hurt' with "sticky, locked threads", a reputable 30 year old company over "gossip" in forums is childish at best.

Grunt-> you are totally right about the importance of image and behavior upon one's organization. He is losing credibility as new people read up on this every day (like me).

Anyways, I would have written these thoughts on his web site, but my account would have probably been deleted for my opinions, lol. So here I am.
I am a noob when it comes to home entertainment systems, I have some general questions hopefully some of you could answer (I will post in other threads).
I will be getting my first LCD TV very soon (I can't wait), and the rest should follow throughout the year.

cheers,
Castorio

---------------------------------
Toshiba CRT 32" (that's all ;o)
Posted By: Wid Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/24/09 01:56 AM

Welcome to Axiom Castorio.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/24/09 02:37 AM
Welcome to the forum Castorio.

We would be pleased to help you with any audio/video related questions. Threads on booze and food is always encouraged.

Cheers!

Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/24/09 08:46 AM
Welcome to the forum Castorio and thanks for sharing your impressions. We took this thread so far off topic I’m surprised you found it. Careful about what you say here since it could also get your account deleted over there if you used the same name. ;\)

You should start a thread about what your upgrade plans are. Never hurts to get a reality check and sometimes people have suggestions you might not have thought of. I sure saved some money on my first equipment purchases based on advice I got here.

Cheers,
Dean
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/24/09 11:48 PM
I sure saved some money on my first equipment purchases based on advice I got here.

And you still went ahead and bought Axiom, what a waste of money ;\)

BTW, Welcome to our forum Castorio \:\)
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/25/09 12:13 AM
I know, especially considering for only 2-3 times the price I could have had the Focals or B&Ws of my dreams.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/25/09 10:10 AM
Oh, we're back on topic? Well this is a first!

You know Castorio (welcome to the forum), if I ever saw a member of the Axiom team behave as Hugh did I would probably lose quite a bit of respect for Axiom as a whole, and stop frequenting this site. I suppose Hugh isn't selling anything really though is he, so I guess he isn't losing much besides the respect of his peers. I won't bad mouth him too bad, because beyond this event I really have no knowledge of him or his website. For all I know it could have been a cool place to post, I don't know. All I know is for whatever reason he got awful bent over for what seems like nothing really. And while he can do whatever he wishes on his site, the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long, long time is him telling the Axiom team to delete this thread. Who does that? Seriously.

It just goes to show he has no idea how this forum is run... or isn't run for that matter. This is a forum that is absolutely run by the participants, which are mostly Axiom owners, but not all. And the participants here range from those of us who are absolutely enthralled with our speakers, to Solid State (inside joke). But even Solid State was welcome to his opinion here without any sort of reprimand from the Axiom team. Oh sure they addressed some of his comments, but they didn't ban him, lock down his threads, lose their cool, burn his house down, rape and pillage his country or threaten any and all websites around the world that interacted with him.

People like that weed themselves out around here. The Axiom staff doesn't feel they need to do it for us. It's just one more trait we can admire in our company of choice. They feel their product stands for itself, and they're right. No need to police their forum. Ahhhh freedom.... feels good eh? \:\)
Posted By: Castorio Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/27/09 12:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys,

I enjoy freedom of speech as well Micah ;o)... FREEEEEDOM !! lol

cheers,
Castorio

---------------------------------
Toshiba CRT 32"
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 12/27/09 06:04 AM
Hi Castorio: Welcome to the forum from the "Trouble Maker" ILMAO!! I'm sure you will enjoy your Axiom's! Take care and happy new year! \:\)
Posted By: avdude Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/18/10 03:54 PM
This is too funny.. Having not paid atttention to the boards in a while I came acros the Axiom post on Digital home a week or so ago and had to laugh.. I tried to post a retailer review about Axiom a few years back when I first purchased Axiom`s.. within minutes my post was removed and I recieved a email from Hugh accusing me of being a employee or a spammmer...I didn`t know about Hugh`s incident with the afilate link, way back when..I`ll probably get banned( From DH) for posting on here but oh well... lol ... It`s not just him over there all the mods seem to be on a power trip and have little patience for newby`s. Axiom isn`t the only company he has a `hate`on for there are more.. LOL.. If anyone needs to aplogize I think it is Hugh for the childish way he has handled all this.. Any bets as to how long it will take before I get the `you been banned` email...
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/18/10 04:22 PM
Hi Avdude: You'll be banned for sure!!! However then you can join the "banned club" lame I know but still funny!!!
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/18/10 04:24 PM
Did you link to your post here? Because if you didn’t and he is monitoring posts on this forum to ban people over there I think he needs to get some help. ;\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/18/10 04:25 PM
Especially with a thread this old.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/18/10 05:13 PM
What ever happened to the good ol days of prejudism where whites hated the blacks and that was about it. Here comes the internet and all of a sudden you can't even post on certain websites without being hung.

Viral prejudism sucks!
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/18/10 05:16 PM
you can't even post on certain websites without being hung.

I've tried not to let that bother me, but you had to bring it up didn't you?
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/18/10 05:25 PM
Don't worry, you don't need to buy a pump. Just learn photoshop and you're good to go.
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/18/10 06:42 PM
Yah, good idea.

I can photoshop a pump.
Posted By: SolidState Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 12:49 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_puppetry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

http://www.online-strategist.net/tag/astroturfing/

Insight from 02 pertaining to what is appears really going on here...
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=2561

This forum seems to be comprised of Meatpuppets !!!

PS and by the way I never heard one comment from Hugh stating he "hates" Axiom. Legions of Meatpuppets... LEGIONS!

Hugh's offending thread...

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=116264

Is this hate talk likened to black racial prejudice as Mikka tries to insinuate? (By the way Micha prejudism isn't even a real word!)

Moral or Amoral marketing practice...

YOU DECIDE !!!
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 01:15 AM
***You are ignoring this user***

Posted By: Glitchy Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 01:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: SolidState

Insight from 02 pertaining to what is really going on here...

PS and by the way I never heard one comment from Hugh stating he "hates" Axiom. Legions of Meatpuppets... LEGIONS!

Is this hate talk likened to black racial prejudice as Mikka tries to insinuate? (By the way Micha prejudism isn't even a real word!)

YOU DECIDE !!!

Is the Axiom Forum "Honeymoon" over, been a weird 2 days, if so I'm glad I got to get in on the last couple months of the greatness! And great folks!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 01:55 AM

\:D \:D \:D
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 02:02 AM
I'll see your three laughs \:D \:D \:D

and raise you two crazies .
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 02:03 AM
 Originally Posted By: wordgasm

Insight from 02 pertaining to what is really going on here...

YOU DECIDE !!!

Is the Axiom Forum "Honeymoon" over, been a weird 2 days, if so I'm glad I got to get in on the last couple months of the greatness! And great folks!

Its 4.20 today. A lot of strange things happen around this day .
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 03:10 AM

Haha, good one SolidState! That'll teach that Mikka dude to insinuate things using poor grammar! With guys like you hanging around I know I for one feel safer that motherfuckers like that Micha dude won't get away with his bullshit! Good lookin out SS!!!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 03:59 AM
Who next, Jinx?
Posted By: fredk Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 07:20 AM

Hey, thats my schtick!!
Posted By: Dduval Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 11:07 AM
Freakin awesome, I'm calling off work today to enjoy this...
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 04:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: fredk

Hey, thats my schtick!!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!

Not trying to steal your *schtick*, Fred. Only trying to *schtick* it to the nameless one.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 04:07 PM
I'm waiting for a thread where every single post (at least on one page) is
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 04:10 PM
Even SS uses ***You are ignoring this user*** on his own posts.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 04:11 PM
I thought that was his signature, with a bunch of empty posts.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 05:00 PM
Awe come on guys, take it easy on poor SS will ya! He's only here to teach us correct usage of words and to inform us that Hugh truely does loves us all... only he's a tough love kinda guy cuz he's old school like that.

Didn't any of you have fathers who yelled at you at little league practice when you didn't hit the ball hard enough, throw the ball to the correct base, tie your shoe's properly or anything else you ever tried to do on the field? Then took you home and gave you a good whoppin for being such a whoosy... well, he never missed a single practice or game now did he? That's because he loved you. It might have been hard to recognize that love when he was humiliating you out on the field, or painting your back porch red, but some fathers don't love their sons enough to point out their flaws on the field so that one day maybe they can play in the big leagues making millions of dollars!

Tough love, that's the Hugh way. Now get out there and man up you little punks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/21/10 07:04 PM
Micah you scare me.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/22/10 05:45 AM
Honestly I don't know where some of this stuff comes from. Seriously, I mean it's gotten to the point where I started to wonder if maybe I had a split personality or something?

But then this other part of me, deep, deep down inside of my soul who speaks Spanish, laughed at the notion and told me I was just being paranoid.
Posted By: grunt Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/22/10 06:12 AM
Remember that just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean their not out to get you.
Posted By: Dduval Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/22/10 06:48 AM
Dude usted hacerme reír ;\)

Dana
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/22/10 06:59 AM
Remember that just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean their not out to get you.

Well that's comforting, thanks. At least now I don't have to worry about ever sleeping again.
Posted By: Zimm Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/22/10 08:02 PM
I had not read the whole Hugh thing before. But I'm now shocked that a person running a forum could have such thin skin. He went ape shit because someone questioned his "skip axiom" advice. I did not find his advise over the top, or the retort, but wow it went up in flames after that.

Good stuff.
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/22/10 08:06 PM
Unfortunately, Hugh seems to think that anyone who mentions or uses the word "Axiom", must be on their payroll.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/23/10 02:25 PM
Yeah that is the bad part really, I mean if I don't even disagree with him on his initial reaction to the sales aspect of the stuation. Not that I think Axiom is a slimeball organization that pushes its products off in an underhanded fashion all over the web, but if someone broke the rules on his website attempting to sell Axiom products and he took issue with that person then I'm actually 100% behind him in regards to reprimanding that person. Rules are rules after all, and he certainly has the right to put rules in place to keep distracting or misleading things like that off of his website.

What transpired after that was what shocked me. Treating anyone and everyone who had anything positive to say about Axiom like they were part of some huge subliminal marketing conspiracy, was strange at best, and down right insulting to those who were giving their honest opinion about a product they felt had been thrown under a bad light undeservingly.

As strongly as I believe Monster Cables are over priced and use underhanded sales technique's to move their products, if we had members here who stood behind Monster Cables and defended their use in HT applications, their opinions would still be welcome in this forum no matter what. 90% of us may slap the 'ignore this user' buttom on such a person, but they would still be free to post any opinion they might have for anyone who wanted to see it.

Solid State can still write anything he feels like writing here even though the vast majority of us here have no use for his opinions. If Axiom banned him then who knows, maybe I would start to wonder if they were scared about the information he was spewing and wanted to silence him?

Banning SS would be similar to cutting down Obie Wan Kanobie... he would become more powerful than any of us could ever imagine! Banned material is always way more interesting than adminitration approved material if you ask me! ;\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/23/10 05:53 PM
As strongly as I believe Monster Cables are over priced and use underhanded sales technique's to move their products, if we had members here who stood behind Monster Cables and defended their use in HT applications, their opinions would still be welcome in this forum no matter what. 90% of us may slap the 'ignore this user' buttom on such a person, but they would still be free to post any opinion they might have for anyone who wanted to see it.
Actually Monster does make a good product ...... Am I on your ignored list yet? ;\)
Posted By: CatBrat Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/23/10 06:21 PM
I like Monster too, for some things..... ||shiver shiver||.
Posted By: CV Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/23/10 06:25 PM
Yeah, I have to admit I still really like the Monster banana connectors I'm using. When it comes time to get more, I'll be torn on whether to try someone else's or stick with what I know I like.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/23/10 06:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
Yeah, I have to admit I still really like the Monster banana connectors I'm using. When it comes time to get more, I'll be torn on whether to try someone else's or stick with what I know I like.

Locking banana plugs from Blue Jeans Cable.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/23/10 10:21 PM
Hey, wasn't Locking Banana Plugs the Negative Orange "world music" album?
Posted By: medic8r Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 12:20 AM
I don't know, but I bet CV has the dreadlocks and tie dye concert shirt to prove it!
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 02:11 AM
Hey, wasn't Locking Banana Plugs the Negative Orange "world music" album?

Yes, that was when they played the "Terminated Cable Tour" in '04.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 03:28 AM
I heard it was hard to gauge whether or not the crowd really enjoyed that tour. They showed a lot of resistance to the security guards impeding their path to the porta-potties.
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 03:13 PM
I heard mixed reviews too. Some were positive, some were negative.
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 06:04 PM
Well let's face it, the band was pretty wired that whole tour.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 08:49 PM
Yeah, but some of the performances were electric!
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 08:52 PM
You should be grounded with a comment like that.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 08:55 PM
You're trying to isolate me, aren't you?
Posted By: Adrian Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 09:12 PM
I would never conduct such a thing!
Posted By: Micah Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/24/10 09:13 PM
I know I was pretty amped to go see it, but I can't remember much about it because I blacked out. But the feedback my friends gave me tell me the performance was electric. I just wish my memory wasn't so distorted.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!! - 04/25/10 03:47 AM
It was great that Negative Orange paid ohmage to their biggest influence, Scottish singer/songwriter Donovan, by performing at his induction into the Folk/Rock Hall of Fame. They covered his hit single Mellow Yellow, which was the inspiration for their own band name.
© Axiom Message Boards