Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ajb Best Place to Buy DVD's ??? - 05/28/03 07:24 PM
Where have you found to be the best place to buy DVD's that has a very good selection and consistently has the best prices? If it is an on-line store, how is their service and shipping costs?
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Best Place to Buy DVD's ??? - 05/28/03 07:31 PM
To be honest, I buy 99% of my DVDs through Best Buy and Fry's Electronics. The week of a DVD release, they usually sell them in the $15 range and since I keep a weekly eye on new releases, I grab them all at that price.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Best Place to Buy DVD's ??? - 05/28/03 07:31 PM
I've heard Costco is cheap.
Posted By: ajb Re: Best Place to Buy DVD's ??? - 05/28/03 07:52 PM
Yes, I agree that Best Buy seems to have a good price the first few days. Where is a good place to keep track of upcoming new release dates? I guess part of my question is regarding older releases and where to find a decent price. Best Buy seems to hang on the the normal retail price for a long time after the initial introduction.

Chess, I would agree, except Costco doesn't have a very good selection. It's sort of a hit and miss situation. Their prices seem to be about a dollar or two less than Best Buy. One convenience, they just happen to be next to each other here, so it is easy to compare.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Best Place to Buy DVD's ??? - 05/28/03 09:56 PM
On this one, anyone know where to get the first season of Babylon 5 for relatively cheap? Amazon is around $80, I think, and all of the stores I've been to are the same.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Best Place to Buy DVD's ??? - 05/28/03 11:21 PM
In reply to:

Where is a good place to keep track of upcoming new release dates?

I've seen sites specifically tracking this, but I usually just check BestBuy.com every Tuesday.

In reply to:

Best Buy seems to hang on the the normal retail price for a long time after the initial introduction.

Actually, retail on most DVDs is $29.99. Best Buy sells almost everything for $19.99.

And I haven't seen that Bab 5 set for anything less than $80, sadly.
Posted By: ajb Re: Best Place to Buy DVD's ??? - 05/28/03 11:55 PM
Semi - thanks for the info
Posted By: fmowry Re: Best Place to Buy DVD's ??? - 05/29/03 10:29 AM
deepdiscountdvd.com usually has good prices on all stuff.

Frank
© Axiom Message Boards