Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LiquidCell Advice Needed Please - 06/02/03 02:43 AM
Ok, as of right now, I am 17 so I do not have all the money in the world, I currently only have like $210 and I am going to need more, and I am looking for a very good pair of bookshelf speakers, which are anywhere from $300 to $350 Canadian. I hear Axiom make some VERY good quality speakers. Right now I have only a 15" TV but my home theatre setup kills it for now, this is what I have:

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V420
Front Speakers: Celestion SL6
Rear Speakers B&W 600i
Center Channel: B&W 600 IFS
Subwoofer: Velodyne Servo-F Series (pretty nice sub)

Now, I am looking to add 2 more speakers (one on the direct left and right of me, and my friends). I saw the second model of the Axion speakers for only $20-$30 Canadian more on this site. But will it do much difference for sound??? Keep in mind that it is my fathers stereo equipment (except the Yamaha Receiver is mine), and I will either do what I already said or replace one set of the speakers and return a pair to my father. What do you people here think? The center channel I currently have was around $600-$700 when he bought it about 3-5 years ago, but it still sounds great, the sub about 4 years ago ran about $1500 so it sounds REALLY nice still.

Thanks
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Advice Needed Please - 06/02/03 03:31 PM
Save a few more dollars and get the M22ti. Keep looking on their "special deals" area for a discounted pair. It's worth the wait - especially since you've already got a nice sub.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Advice Needed Please - 06/02/03 04:07 PM
I agree with spiffnme.
Keep watching the Factory Outlet section for the M2s to come available.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Advice Needed Please - 06/02/03 05:25 PM
Ideally you want the M22's

if you can't afford them, the M2's are pretty darn good, as are the M3's but they have that laid back sound a lot of people dont like.
© Axiom Message Boards