Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jasonf Calibration - 06/02/03 06:23 PM
Will the recorded sound level on a DVD affect the sound level of the Test Tone, even if the main sound volume remains the same? So if I leave my main volume at 10, but put in two different DVDs, could the recorded level of the DVD affect the sound level of the test tone?
Posted By: sushi Re: Calibration - 06/02/03 07:39 PM
Sorry I do not understand your question. Do you mean, you want to know whether the level of the THX or other test tones recorded on a DVD changes from DVD to DVD? Or, asking whether the level of the built-in test tone of the receiver is affected by the recording level of a DVD? Please elaborate...
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Calibration - 06/02/03 09:21 PM
if you are talking about pink noise you should be able to do a test tone without a dvd so it shouldnt really matter(i think that was what you meant)....ron
Posted By: BigWill Re: Calibration - 06/03/03 01:22 AM
Is what you mean to ask, "Does it matter what level my receivers master volume control is set at when I run my receivers test tones?" and, "Does it matter what DVD I have in my player at the time I run my test tones?" I think the answers are no and no, but these other guys know far more about it than myself.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Calibration - 06/03/03 01:06 PM
pink noise ought to be a controlled level and the same on all dvd's.

that's why pink noise is pink noise
Posted By: jasonf Re: Calibration - 06/03/03 02:08 PM
thanks for the help on this guys. I thought maybe the recorded volumes on the DVD may affect the sound level of the Test Tones on the receiver. Guess I was just hearing things when I heard the volume level increase of the test tones between different DVD even though the receivers master volume had not changed.
© Axiom Message Boards