Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 01:26 AM
Couldn't stand it any more and had to resize the pics in MadJak's Thread!

Posted By: RickF Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 01:35 AM
Looks great David!
Posted By: merchman Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 01:38 AM
Thanks David!
Posted By: madjak Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 04:08 AM
Thanks David

And, sorry guys...

Posted By: terzaghi Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 04:25 AM
no big deal. I just couldn't see enough of the picture so had to save them on my desktop and resize them. figured I'd upload them for others as well. I bet everything sounds great in there!
Posted By: madjak Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 04:50 AM
Yep,

The speakers aren't broken in yet, but first of all I was impressed (not just the audio, I don't know why we didn't move the seats closer to the screen sooner).

Then my wife was impressed, but best of all was when our two year old came into the room for the first time since I started. He jumped into his chair and was saying things like "nice Moosic, TV?"

So we put on stuart little and he could hardly stay seated he was so excited - "oooh, mousse"..

So yep, we're all pretty stoked.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 05:02 AM
Different people have different opinions in regards to speaker break in. I think the folks from axiom stated that speaker break in occurs within a fraction of a second, if at all.
Posted By: Wid Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 05:05 AM

Looking real nice, congrats.
Posted By: madjak Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 05:16 AM
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
Different people have different opinions in regards to speaker break in. I think the folks from axiom stated that speaker break in occurs within a fraction of a second, if at all.

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if it's my own ears adjusting to the different sound... I do find after a while things do open up more ( it was really noticeable with my Auroras, for example).

If not, I would say it would be the amp giving that illusion, but that's for another days budget...
Posted By: Micah Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 05:34 AM
No worries about the speakers my man. 'If' there is any breaking in to be done to the Axiom speakers you purchased, it happened within the first few seconds of playing them. I know because I too used to think a speaker needed a few weeks or even months to really wear into itself and play as well as it could play. However after reading a great deal of material on this site I have been enlightened to the fact that what I used to believe just wasn't the case.

But this is a good thing, because now you can go ahead and crank those babies for all they're worth without worrying about disrupting any 'process' you were preparing to put them through before doing so. But don't go on my word alone, seach the site on the matter. It will open your eyes as it did my own.

This site also saved me a TON of money on my wiring costs. In my last HT set-up I spent upwards of $800 bucks on Monstercables, Power Conditioners, and other completely useless gear that is all marketed to remove the money from my wallet, not make my system sound any better than it already does. So when I put this HT together I spent a total of like $50 bucks on my wiring needs. A savings of $750 dollars.

It pays to be in the know! ;\)

Edit - Wow, you guys are fast! When I started writing this I was addressing post #5! Bahahahaha... but to add to what I was saying, rest assured my man, my M80 sounded as crisp, clear & wonderful the day I hooked them up, as they do today, 8 months later! Oh sure moving them around to get the best possible sound out of them via 'placement' made a difference. But the overall sound has not changed one bit. You are right, your ears may take a while to get used to them, especially since you just switched over from another brand. But the speaker itself is not going to change any.
Posted By: fredk Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 06:23 AM
Don't listen to these guys. Speaker break-in requires that you follow a proper routine. You need plenty of your favourite beverage, several movies and hours of music.
Posted By: madjak Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 06:38 AM
Fred <<-- What he said.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 06:43 AM
Don't forget snacks.
Posted By: madjak Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/25/10 09:31 AM
Wasabi Peanuts. Yummy.
Posted By: madjak Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/26/10 07:12 AM
Ok, Replaced my Sony STRDG510 with a Marantz N1501.

Now the speakers aren't being castrated by the amp....

Big improvement to both the sound and the picture quality. I Highly reccommend having an HDMI switching Amp rather than a pass through if you have a PS3.
Posted By: merchman Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/27/10 12:03 AM
 Quote:
Marantz N1501.

Is this the slim line receiver?
Posted By: madjak Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/27/10 12:05 AM
 Originally Posted By: merchman
 Quote:
Marantz N1501.

Is this the slim line receiver?

Yep. This allowed some more room for the PS3 to breathe. Good WAF also.
Posted By: merchman Re: MadJak's Theater (RESIZED) - 01/27/10 12:12 AM
I saw some pictures of that receiver. It certainly doesn't take up much space. Glad to hear you are liking it.

Your room looks great by the way.

Enjoy!
© Axiom Message Boards