Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jasonf qs4 placements - 06/03/03 02:13 PM
I've noticed many people saying that the surrounds should be roughly 7' from the floor. Would placing them at 7' be much better than using then stands that are designed for the qs4, which is currently the height they're at now. And if the 7' from the floor is much better, why are the stands no where near this height? I understand that the QS surrounds are very forgiving when it comes to placement, but am curious to this height recommendation that I've seen alot of people make.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: qs4 placements - 06/03/03 05:10 PM
Recommendations are ONLY suggestions.
Place the QS4 speakers where you want to have them based on your own preferences and/or ease of area to locate.
The recommendations made for their placement should be used only as starting guidelines (i.e. place them somewhere to your left and right sides or even behind, slightly higher on the walls/mounts but no less than your ear level).
If you get a little stepladder, boxes and chairs, you can move the QSx surrounds around your listening area while you test out which location sounds best for you (behind, beside, high, low, on shelf, on mounts, etc.)
Posted By: sushi Re: qs4 placements - 06/03/03 05:42 PM
In addition to what chess says, I believe that the QS stands are designed considering many factors -- such as the physical stability and visual unobtrusiveness. A taller stand would require a much larger and heavier base. I do not think a 6' stand supporting the not-so-small QS surrounds would be very attractive, either.
© Axiom Message Boards