Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Shoie BF : BC 2 - 03/11/10 03:56 PM
Any one looking to out their HT through it's paces has to try this game. The sound in it is amazing. My sub can't come close to keeping up.
Posted By: CV Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/11/10 05:22 PM
I have the game but haven't made time to play it yet. I look forward to hearing it in action.
Posted By: Micah Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/11/10 06:47 PM
Which sub do you have?
Posted By: Spoiler Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 01:52 AM
Ok, I'm an idiot. What is BF : BC2?
Posted By: davew Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 02:21 AM
Try this to learn more.

-Dave
Posted By: Micah Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 02:51 AM
Oh he could have done that himself. But it's so much more satisfying watching someone else put together a video of them doing it for him. It's like letting someone else choke your chicken for you. But while I suppose letting you do the first thing was ok, letting you do the second thing... would be creepy.
Posted By: punisher101 Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 04:05 AM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an awesome first person shooter for the XBOX360/PS3 and the OP is right. Besides being a fun game, the sound mixing they've done in this game is one of the best I've heard. The game really pushes your subwoofer and I know - I am an avid gamer. Use Audio Option: War Tapes in game and you'll know what I'm talking about.

People often talk about movies or music when demoing there system. But this one is one the good games out there that has excellent audio

I would also recommend these title for great audio:

Call of Duty: World at War
Bioshock 2
God of War 3 (at least from the demo I played)
Posted By: Micah Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 04:49 AM
So much violence.
Posted By: CV Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 05:51 AM
 Originally Posted By: punisher101
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an awesome first person shooter for the XBOX360/PS3 and the OP is right.

Hey, I got it for the PC.
Posted By: Shoie Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 02:15 PM
A polk audio PSW 505.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 02:29 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV

Hey, I got it for the PC.

Sorry CV, that doesn't count.
Posted By: CV Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 05:52 PM
How un-PC of you.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/12/10 11:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: davew
Try this to learn more.

-Dave

Winnar! \:D
Posted By: Argon Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/14/10 01:42 PM
 Originally Posted By: punisher101
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an awesome first person shooter for the XBOX360/PS3 and the OP is right. Besides being a fun game, the sound mixing they've done in this game is one of the best I've heard. The game really pushes your subwoofer and I know - I am an avid gamer. Use Audio Option: War Tapes in game and you'll know what I'm talking about.

People often talk about movies or music when demoing there system. But this one is one the good games out there that has excellent audio

I would also recommend these title for great audio:

Call of Duty: World at War
Bioshock 2
God of War 3 (at least from the demo I played)

I just got Call of Duty : World at War. The sound effects of the weaponry do not sound very realistic to me....Not like say Call of Duty 2 or 3?
Posted By: CV Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/14/10 05:38 PM
Does realistic sound better? I don't fire enough weapons to know.
Posted By: punisher101 Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/14/10 06:41 PM
I just remember that they sounded better then Call of Duty 4 (COD4 seem more compressed). I've never fired a real Thompson machine gun so your guess is as good as mine.

I am not sure if it is a purely realistic sound reproduction of WWII machine gun sound or a well mixed sound but it sounded pretty good to me \:\)

World at War sounded way better to me then CoD 2 and 3
Posted By: Argon Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/15/10 01:22 AM
One of those games- can't remember which, During the production they had access to the real weapons and recorded them being live fired. I remember seeing a docu on it?
Posted By: punisher101 Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/18/10 03:54 AM
I saw a video doc of Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4 and in both cases they talked about recording real gun sounds. So I would assume that they did that the same with CoD: World at War.

With movies and videogames during sound mixing they usually tweak sounds. Sound reproduction is important when listening to music but movies/games are mixed and effects are added I don't think you can expect to hear realistic sounds.

On a side note - I just got God of War 3 and man does it sound amazing. It's truly an epic game.
Posted By: CV Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/18/10 04:20 AM
I may have to pick that one up, though I still haven't played the first two. The PS3 is my first PlayStation.
Posted By: Hansang Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/19/10 01:30 AM
Most people would be very disappointed if they heard real gun fire. M16's for example have a very tinny sound to it (it is a .22 caliber after all). The fact of the matter is that most people are used to Hollywood gun sounds. Even some hunters assume military weapons sound like they do in the movies. For the most part, they don't. Exception to the rule might be M2 .50 caliber machine gun. That one sounds like they do in the movies.
Posted By: Argon Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/22/10 11:49 AM
The thing that got me noticing it was the pump shotgun. I have never been in the military but I have fired an M16, AK47, Mossberg 835, and various and sundry others. I have never heard a mortar fired but in the game, the pump shotgun sounded a bit like the Hollywood version of mortars....at least to me.
Posted By: Hansang Re: BF : BC 2 - 03/22/10 09:25 PM
I haven't even had time to finish COD yet, so I'll pick up BF2 when I'm done with COD (are you every really done with COD??)

I was watching Blackhawk down on my PSP (recorded on the DVR then exported to my PSP) and the one thing that I noticed was the gunfire. M16's sounded pretty much like M16's. SAWs sounded like SAWs as well. Having just read this thread, I picked up on it! \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards