Axiom Home Page
I have Energy Take 5 speakers but I would like to get in wall speakser for the rear surrounds. I am just not sure how to determine whether the M2 in walls can be paired with the Energy Take or not? What should I be looking at to determine if they are compatible?
Going by how my M22's sound vs. the original take 5's my brother-in-law had, I would say the M2's will be cleaner/crsiper sounding but as they will be for rear channel duty I doubt you would notice the differences enough to be bothersome.

Any reason why you are looking for inwalls as rear channels? How much distance do you have between the seating position and the rear channel positions, anything less than 4-6 ft and I would recommend getting QS series speakers. You need the extra depth for dispersion with the direct radiating style of speaker, otherwise it becomes very spot specific, then again that might be what you are looking for \:\)
I am loooking for rear inwalls purely for aesthetic reason and WAF. In the front since the TV is mounted on the wall, mounting the speakers on the wall around it is not a big issue aesthetically which is why I got the Energy Take 5's as they are small.
My room is 19x15. Distance between seating and front speakers is about 14 feet. Distance between seating and rear speakers is about 5 to 6 feet.
I have read that speakers have to be voice matched etc. and am just not sure whether speakers from different brands will perform. In future I may replace the front speakers but obviously hoping the rear inwalls to be permanent. Your advise on this is greatly appreciated.

I would have to think the inwalls would work pretty well with your current set up. Timber matching wouldn't be nearly as important with surrounds as it is with the front three.
Agreed. Timbre matching is much more important with the mains/centre, you should be OK with the surrounds.
Thank you so much for the advise. I will go with the M2 inwalls for the surrounds. Also do you think that the Energy Take speakers are too small for my room? Any advise on good bookshelf and center speakers?
Get the M22s at least if not the M60/M80s as your room is quite large and you are sitting a fair ways back of the mains. The performance upgrade to Axioms from the little Take 5's is quite noticeable, IMO, not that the Take 5's are bad by any means, I quite like them.

Just curious as to what subwoofer you are using as the M22s need a sub to really show off LFE for movies as do the Take 5's?
Thanks Jay. I was thinking of getting HSU STF2 for the sub. Do you think that's good?
Why not the M2 on-walls instead?
 Originally Posted By: CatBrat

WAF
 Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I'll ask you a question, why recommend the onwalls over the inwalls for rear channel duty?

I would take a guess and say the entire M2 line up sounds virtually indistingushable from each other with the small enclosure on the bookshelf having the least amount of extension of the Axiom bookshelf lineup.
Was recommending the M2 on-walls from an ease of installation viewpoint.
Ahhhh, makes perfect sense then.
I can understand those who covet ease of installation, however there are also those (me included) who would rather go through hell to make something look the way we want it now, and then enjoy our handy work for years to come.

I've always gone out of my way to get that 'clean look' no matter the initial cost or work involved. And please don't take this the wrong way, any of you with wires showing, but personally I'm not satisfied until I've drilled holes in the wall, fished for hours, climbed around the attic 15 times and hidden them neatly out of sight.

To me, it's worth all the sweat!
But, but, but. Because they hang on the walls doesn't mean that the wires have to be seen.
© Axiom Message Boards