Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bolt148 SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/14/10 05:42 PM
Has anyone used this product or knows someone who has? I was just curious if it actually works as well as some of the reviewers say it does. I think this might be useful to me because my living room opens into the kitchen, has bare walls, and I have linoleum-like flooring. Ughhh. Any suggestions or comments on either topic?

My receiver is a NAD T747, so it has Audyssey built in, but I am not sure it will work as well as this?
Posted By: CV Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/15/10 05:07 AM
I have impressions of very limited usefulness later in this thread. While I do feel it tightened the bass and made it more neutral-sounding, it's hard for me to recommend it to people as it exists currently. I would personally prefer to have a unit with balanced XLR connections and the ability to EQ four subwoofers independently. I also want to be able to do the calibration without needing a computer hooked up to it. I hope they're working on a follow-up version, as I like the general idea of what they're offering.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/15/10 06:23 AM
MIC-5 Bass Management Kit?
Posted By: CV Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/15/10 06:38 AM
What about it?
Posted By: Murph Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/15/10 02:18 PM
Nothing, he just saw one out of the corner of his eye.
\:\)
Posted By: bolt148 Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/15/10 04:00 PM
Thanks, I really did try the search function. I promise \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/15/10 04:44 PM
Yeah, I wasn't finding that thread with the search function, either.

Oh, I just remembered that part of my dream last night was that Axiom did some sort of maintenance on the message board and all of our post counts were way down. I'm sure this dream means I need to spend more time on the board.
Posted By: Micah Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/15/10 05:49 PM
You dream about your Axiom post count eh. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/16/10 02:58 AM
I don't think I've ever dreamt about the Axiom forums. Bizarre.
Posted By: CV Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/16/10 04:46 AM
Yeah, considering where your post count is.
Posted By: Murph Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/16/10 03:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: bolt148
Thanks, I really did try the search function. I promise \:\)

Don't feel bad. It rarely provides usable results unless you have a lot of time to waste.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/17/10 12:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: CV
What about it?

Sorry. I've been busy. If you are interested in dialing in 4 subwoofers, perhaps you would be interested in the MIC-5 Bass Management Kit. A quick google should be enough for you and Murph to determine whether it would be something useful for that purpose.
Posted By: CV Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/17/10 02:44 AM
I looked at it after your original post, but it seemed to be more about calibrating from multiple positions at once than calibrating multiple subwoofers. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing something, though.
Posted By: Murph Re: SVS AS-EQ1 - 04/19/10 01:58 PM
 Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
 Originally Posted By: CV
What about it?

Sorry. I've been busy. If you are interested in dialing in 4 subwoofers, perhaps you would be interested in the MIC-5 Bass Management Kit. A quick google should be enough for you and Murph to determine whether it would be something useful for that purpose.

Except I wasn't looking for any bass management gear but thanks for thinking of me. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards