Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 12:53 AM
Well the wait is finally over, my axiom's shipped today and i have unpacked the goodness. At first I was shocked at the craftsmanship as the speakers were beautiful but also felt very solid. I placed everything where it needed to be and waited for the UPS guy to bring my SVS sub. After everything was here I ran the audyssey(sp) setup. The details you can pick up from music is quite impressive and i can say some Dave Mathews live at central park was a great test to what these guys can reproduce. Then it was on to the DVD Pulse by Pink Floyd. All in all i am really happy with everything and wanted to say thanks to everyone on here as i haven't posted much but have been reading for quite some time. Oh yea BTW I thought i was disappointed with the SVS sub UNTIL i played a real DVD, it shook everything in the house.

Denon 2310ci
M22's
VP100
QS4's
SVS PB12-NSD
Panasonic P50S2
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 12:58 AM
Congrats, Nashvegas!! That's the best feeling when you get all your new gear and fire it up for the first time.

Happy listening!
Posted By: Wid Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 01:17 AM

Nice to see ya like your new speakers, congrats. That "Pulse" DVD is a good one, I just added that one to the library.
Posted By: Micah Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 01:27 AM
Dave Matthews Live at Central Park is a staple in my home. I am so used to the songs from that lve album I can't even listen to the studio recordings of songs like 'Gray Street', 'Ants Marching'. 'Warehouse', and many, many others because they just don't compare to the recordings on that CD (set)!

Of course we go camp out at the 2 day DMB concert at Verizon Wireless Center in Noblesville, Indiana every summer, so I'm entirely too used to hearing his songs live anyway. About the only studio recorded song of his that I really like anymore is 'Satelite', and maybe 'Everyday'... the rest have to be played live or they just don't have the same feel to them. He's such a grove doctor during his concerts that to me they just flow so much better live, they seem a bit stiff when they record in a studio, IMO.

But enough about Dave, congrats on your purchase my man!
Posted By: jakewash Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 09:21 AM
Glad to hear things are sounding good and it sounds like the sub is dialed in pretty well as it shouldn't be all that noticeable till truly called upon. \:\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 09:57 AM
Excellent! Congratulations!

Give it a bit of time, then try turning off Audyssey's EQ settings and see what you think...
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 12:08 PM
Great! Congratulations!
Posted By: Murph Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 02:18 PM

Grats and have fun!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 02:24 PM
Welcome to the music!

(Hey, Axiom should trademark that. \:\) )
Posted By: Argon Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 04:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Welcome to the music!

Yes, you have crossed over into the light - cross over - cross over.
Posted By: Micah Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 05:51 PM
Welcome to the music!

Wasn't that the name of one of the NSYNC albums or something?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 07:41 PM
Perhaps, but CV would have to dig his "90s music I'm ashamed I listened to" collection out from next to the tree stump in his back yard to prove it.
Posted By: Micah Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/15/10 08:04 PM
It should be right next to his Milli Vanilli CD on his night stand, shouldn't it?
Posted By: CV Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/16/10 04:49 AM
I don't have a nightstand. I have a computer chair next to my bed, and my alarm sits on an ottoman at the end of my bed. It's weird.
Posted By: grunt Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/16/10 05:39 AM
Perhaps, but CV would have to dig his "90s music I'm ashamed I listened to" collection out from next to the tree stump in his back yard to prove it.

They made music in the 90’s?
Posted By: grunt Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/16/10 05:41 AM
 Originally Posted By: CV
I don't have a nightstand. I have a computer chair next to my bed, and my alarm sits on an ottoman at the end of my bed. It's weird.

My alarm clock is far out of reach so I have to get up to shut it off. I woke up late a few to many times in the Marine Corps only to find my clock broken in pieces on the floor near the far wall of the room. \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/16/10 05:50 AM
I used to have trouble waking up to my alarm and had to have it far away for a while. I haven't had that trouble in some time. It probably helps that I get to sleep in these days.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/16/10 02:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: grunt
They made music in the 90’s?

Ooh, them's fightin' words!
Posted By: BobKay Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/16/10 03:36 PM
Ahh, and wouldn't that also include DMB?
Posted By: grunt Re: New Axiom Speakers - 04/16/10 05:20 PM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile

Ooh, them's fightin' words!

Oh Peter was talking about the 1890s. Sorry about the John. ;\)
© Axiom Message Boards