Axiom Home Page
I know I'm treading dangerious waters ( for good reason! )asking about another speaker here....

But, an on-line store is clearing out Atlantic Technology IWCB-52 In-Wall Speakers. Normally $600 is being sold off for $159 a pair.

I wonder if they'd be good surronds for me. I was going to get the small axiom in walls for this... but these appear to be interesting. Do you guys think they'd tonally be a match for M60 fronts?

One thing they might have on the axiom in walls is the switch that changes speaker characteristics if you place it next to a boundry wall - which I would be doing.

Thanks for the advice,
Scott
Posted By: Anonymous Re: atlantic tech speakers for surrounds to match? - 05/28/10 02:33 PM
I've never heard them, but the surrounds don't *really* need to be an exact match wrt the mains, at least not for movies. I've used some drastically different surrounds in the past and never noticed a difference. $159 seems like a good deal, but not great because IMHO that $600 price is likely way inflated.
actually - I just noticed that the atlantics don't include grills (NUTS) $60 extra! - and I think i have to pay shipping...

so the Axiom M2's are now pretty close price-wise - and are proven axiom goodness.
 Originally Posted By: axiomoholic
One thing they might have on the axiom in walls is the switch that changes speaker characteristics if you place it next to a boundry wall - which I would be doing.

You are placing one or both near corners?

I have seen these switches before on speakers, but IMO, really not required if the speaker design was good in the first place.
yeah Jay - putting the surrounds on side wall, literally speaker frame will touch the rear wall. A side wall window seriously limits placement options.

rear wall placement is out because #1 - picture window on most of back wall, and #2 couch is up against the back wall.
Something is better than nothing.
© Axiom Message Boards