Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Alex398 advice subwoofer - 06/12/10 10:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I looking in a subwoofer to match my recent m80 for music listening, I am not a audiophile but listen a LOT a music , I like techno music and alternative/punk/hardcore music (almost every kind of music) but techno be the #1.

Right now I don't have any room dimension, still in apartment, but looking for a house.Want buy something who will fit and fill the room what ever dimension I got. But will probably be in the basement for Partying.

For the listening volume I like it pretty loud. not bleeding ear level but almost, deft already because of the army :).

For sure would like to get the EP800 ( I am a guy so I always want the bigger toy a can buy) but wondering if that would be overkill(read some review and that a beast) was looking for two ep500 who a the end is little bit more expensive but can buy those in two shot ( and the people living in the same bloc will appreciate, I am pretty sure :))

Understand this is a axiom forum but I am open to any suggestion for subwoofer what ever the company, but I am interest in quality who will last like the m80

Alex
Posted By: Adrian Re: advice subwoofer - 06/12/10 10:35 PM
It's a good idea to look at two subs if it's in your budget. Two EP500's would certainly give you incredible bass, as would a pair of HSU's, EpiK, Elemental Design(ED), SVS, Paradigm, or Outlaw Audio subs.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: advice subwoofer - 06/13/10 12:09 AM
Welcome to the Axiom forums Alex398.

I agree with the fellow above. Two Ep500's should not dissapoint for all types of music and movies. Enjoy your M80's!
Posted By: Pitbull24 Re: advice subwoofer - 06/13/10 12:25 AM
Welcome Alex, I agree with Adrian as well. I currently run two Epik Empires, and now prefer the sealed sub sound over my previous ported subs.
Posted By: bdpf Re: advice subwoofer - 06/13/10 04:32 AM
If you would have used it mostly for movies, I would have recommended the EP800 simply for the reason that it can reach up to 12Hz. Since you're using it for music, I agree, 2 subs is the way to go and you should be happy with any of the names mentioned above.
Posted By: Dduval Re: advice subwoofer - 06/13/10 12:41 PM
Hi Alex,

For what it's worth, I too am a huge music fan, from old school metal, classic rock, progressive rock and even country. I have had the EP350. Then later added a PL-200 for 2 subs.

Finally, I went with 2 EP500's, one in each front corner of my room. I was close to going with 2 svs subs, but with the Ep500's having DSP control I went with Axiom.

Prior to getting the the dual EP500's, I always felt like something was "missing", maybe not enough "tightness", not really sure, it's hard to explain.

I can tell you, for me, that feeling I had of something missing has been completely erased with the dual EP500's. BTW, movies are incredible as well. Just FYI...

Dana
Posted By: Alex398 Re: advice subwoofer - 06/14/10 02:50 PM
Thank for the suggestions, I will go with two EP500

Alex
Posted By: jakewash Re: advice subwoofer - 06/14/10 03:27 PM
You should be very happy with dual EP500's. Try to do a search on setting up multiple subs as their are different ways of calibrating them.
Posted By: Dduval Re: advice subwoofer - 06/14/10 05:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: Alex398
Thank for the suggestions, I will go with two EP500

Alex

"you make very wise choice grasshopper"
Posted By: DreamTheater Re: advice subwoofer - 06/15/10 12:50 AM
That should sound awesome Alex, if budget allowed I would have went the Axiom woofer route. The techno bass should be brutal, happy clubbin!
Posted By: Alex398 Re: advice subwoofer - 06/15/10 08:42 PM
Thank everyone again , got two ep500 in order now.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: advice subwoofer - 06/15/10 08:43 PM
You know, that, ummmm. we're not paying for them...don't you?
Posted By: Micah Re: advice subwoofer - 06/16/10 06:52 AM
Congrats Alex, I'm sure you will enjoy the twins. Oh and by the way, you don't have a brother that drives a big rig around the country, do you? You have sort of a 'Bbigwyrs' accent going on there. ;\)
Posted By: Alex398 Re: advice subwoofer - 06/16/10 05:45 PM
sorry Micah, I don't have a brother (I think!!!) No seriously no brother what about my accent ( maybe the Québec accent) ????

The twins EP are on the way for Friday just in time for the week end \:\)

Posted By: fredk Re: advice subwoofer - 06/17/10 01:29 AM
\:\) It will be a good weekend.
Posted By: Alex398 Re: advice subwoofer - 06/20/10 07:46 PM
Hi All , again thank for the suggestion, Those EP 500 are beast pair with the m80 for music and event better, two of those sound amazing, finally realize I was missing something.... :).

Alex
Posted By: kordeo Re: advice subwoofer - 09/22/10 04:31 AM
nice man. if you ever wanna get rid of one sub..i could use one wink
© Axiom Message Boards