Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Henry66 AV furniture, "contemporary" style - 09/01/10 02:50 PM
Please post some ideas on where to look for an AV cabinet or shelf to go between the front speakers under the wall-hung LCD TV. My style preference is "simple and contemporary"; IKEA being a good example.

However, IKEA does not seem to have a nice open shelf system. It needs to be fairly low and wide. I am thinking something like this, but wider.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: AV furniture, "contemporary" style - 09/01/10 03:16 PM
This is a very subjective and individual thing, IMO, but FWIW check out the Slam Brands site. It's a flash site, so navigating their products might not be immediately clear. Click Products, then AVIO, then hover over the right side of the product icons along the top. Click on a product to get details.

There are plenty of pictures. I know that they offer more than just what's featured on their site because I have one of their pieces and it's never been included on the site. If nothing else you'll get an idea about what sort of designs they offer.

I bought it from Costco for about $220 and can attest to top notch build quality. It's heavy and solid. Really thick glass. Flat packed, so you build it yourself, but it went together like a dream.

It was the first time that I was buying a VESA mount (included, but you don't have to use it). so I wanted to be positive that it would work for the screen that I wanted to buy, so I emailed them. Their response was quick and accurate.

They should be able to tell you if they have a distributor in your area.
Posted By: Zarak Re: AV furniture, "contemporary" style - 09/04/10 01:56 PM
Try this
Posted By: Henry66 Re: AV furniture, "contemporary" style - 09/04/10 02:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Zarak
I came here to post about that site! I stumbled across it last night. It looks pretty good. Prices are not bad either.
Posted By: Henry66 Re: AV furniture, "contemporary" style - 09/04/10 03:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Kruncher
... Slam Brands ... AVIO ... Costco ...
Thanks, this was very helpful. I had not considered Costco, and now I have found some other possible candidates at Sears and Lowe's too.
Posted By: dakkon Re: AV furniture, "contemporary" style - 09/09/10 04:36 AM
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/products/av.jsp

i have one of their small AV racks in my bed room for my small system. Their product is very good, and i will be buying a piece from them, when the DLP dies and i go the flat screen route.

for a 60" piece i think the price is about 1,000$ not cheep, but worth it for the quality in my opinion.

hope this helps.
© Axiom Message Boards