Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Listener Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:13 PM
I just replaced all my power cables with these.

http://www.lessloss.com/dfpc-signature-p-199.html?gclid=CLH15Oy0h6QCFYdh2godtnOxqQ

Everything is better. My dishwasher washes dishes in half the time. Worth every penny.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:14 PM
Awesome! I'm going to use one on my DVD player whenever my wife wants to watch a chick flick so they'll be over in half the time!
Posted By: Listener Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:15 PM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Awesome! I'm going to use one on my DVD player whenever my wife wants to watch a chick flick so they'll be over in half the time!
Chick flicks don't work through these cables.
Posted By: Listener Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:22 PM
Wow... I just roasted a turkey in the microwave in 4 minutes and it came out delicious. I'm about to hook up my fridge with one of these to see how cold I can get it to go.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:23 PM
Even better. Honestly, the best part of this site is the mumbo-jumbo quoted here:

Originally Posted By: complete_bs
How it works.

Noise always works from the top down. That is to say, low frequency noise does not really exist, apart from the 50 or 60 Hz fundamental power frequency, without which we can't power our equipment. The harmonics (going up) from 50 or 60 Hz exist because the power encounters non-linear loads, because it goes through transformers with hysteresis, because it was created with generators which have non-perfect flux distribution, not to mention things closer to home which buzz and hum, adding harmonics to the 50 or 60 Hz. These are all harmless to your audio quality, as they are effectively filtered out by the filters built into your audio gear's power input electronics, which is exactly what they are built for. But going from the top down, we have the real source of noisiness which intrudes upon the natural sound of music. This is the non-linear, non-predictable interaction of the audio signal or digital clock and data retrieval system with high frequency radio and even light waves. Not all light is visible, and most of it is in bandwidths which we cannot see, but when you add it all together, the spectrum and energy is enormous and has profound influence on the quality of the resulting audio signal. The reason: in an electromagnetically non-controlled environment, you will always have haphazard electromagnetic ambient fields at all frequencies going in all directions at all times.

Oooh, even better. He uses a video of Richard Feynman discussing electromagnetic waves to lend credibility to his "inventions": http://www.lessloss.com/page.html?id=60
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:24 PM
Another school of thought exists in which it is the very absence of coloration that is deemed most desireable. This is the school of thought to which LessLoss adheres.

LessLoss has investigated metallurgical parameters of power cables and has come to the conclusion that these indeed have the capacity to color the sound brought forth from an audiophile sound system. Much time and effort has been spent investigating these parameters and drawing conclusions which are empirically repeatable. There is no known method of measuring these sound quality aspects and therefore it is impossible to publish quantitative data and to talk in numbers.

Fail! LOL

Posted By: Listener Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:41 PM
Sounds like their research department is really busy. They spent much time and effort investigating the metallurgical parameters which adversely affect sound quality in my devices. My microwave sounded better while roasting the turkey than it ever has before.
Posted By: Listener Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:42 PM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Even better. Honestly, the best part of this site is the mumbo-jumbo quoted here:

Originally Posted By: complete_bs
How it works.

Noise always works from the top down. That is to say, low frequency noise does not really exist, apart from the 50 or 60 Hz fundamental power frequency, without which we can't power our equipment. The harmonics (going up) from 50 or 60 Hz exist because the power encounters non-linear loads, because it goes through transformers with hysteresis, because it was created with generators which have non-perfect flux distribution, not to mention things closer to home which buzz and hum, adding harmonics to the 50 or 60 Hz. These are all harmless to your audio quality, as they are effectively filtered out by the filters built into your audio gear's power input electronics, which is exactly what they are built for. But going from the top down, we have the real source of noisiness which intrudes upon the natural sound of music. This is the non-linear, non-predictable interaction of the audio signal or digital clock and data retrieval system with high frequency radio and even light waves. Not all light is visible, and most of it is in bandwidths which we cannot see, but when you add it all together, the spectrum and energy is enormous and has profound influence on the quality of the resulting audio signal. The reason: in an electromagnetically non-controlled environment, you will always have haphazard electromagnetic ambient fields at all frequencies going in all directions at all times.

Oooh, even better. He uses a video of Richard Feynman discussing electromagnetic waves to lend credibility to his "inventions": http://www.lessloss.com/page.html?id=60

It's called research. Not mumbo-jumbo
Posted By: a401classic Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:57 PM
I'm in R&D. Failure is always an option.

Scott
Posted By: Ascension Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 05:58 PM
Hey, you get free UPS shipping, so it's not all bad! wink
Posted By: jakewash Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:03 PM
OMG, that is too funny, I really love this part which allows them to have no need to publish(or do for that matter) any sort of actual research

"There is no known method of measuring these sound quality aspects and therefore it is impossible to publish quantitative data and to talk in numbers. "

Brings to mind a question about if there is no known method of measuring these sound aspects how can it affect the spectrum that is within the measureable sound frequencies?
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:09 PM
I got a chuckle out of that quote to Jakewash. Quite the quackery.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:11 PM
Sad part is some people will buy into it.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:15 PM
Youz guyz can joke about them all you want, I like mine. Although I wish they came in other colours.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:15 PM
Indeed. Charlatans love the audio industry. The audio rags seem to profit off of and promote a lot of this stuff which just makes it worse.

Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
Youz guyz can joke about them all you want, I like mine. Although I wish they came in other colours.

You have to realize Adrian that those cords are not going to work to their potential until they have been blessed by a priest.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:20 PM
It's cords. Cords. A chord is a combination of musical notes.

/Spellingbot
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:24 PM
You're late, I realized that after I posted it.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:32 PM
Dang, wasted my rant.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:40 PM
Dang. Now I'm going to see if I can get my money back from those Monster "Noise Infusers" that I just bought.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By: jakewash
"There is no known method of measuring these sound quality aspects and therefore it is impossible to publish quantitative data and to talk in numbers. "

There's ALWAYS a measuring method: PRICE! Something 1000$ is twice better than something 100$ (this is to keep logorithmic progression so it is more "scientific"; for linear minds, 1000$ is ten times better than 100$).

There you go! Two scientific numbers (the number "1000" has been scientically proven to exists and so is the number 100, at least in the metric world) and one relation: BETTER!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Great Improvement - 09/14/10 08:48 PM
Dang! That would mean my M80's are only about half as good as say some Pardigm Studio 100s (using linear I'm too tired to go for logrithmic).
Posted By: JohnK Re: Great Improvement - 09/15/10 01:29 AM
$1149 seems to be a bargain for a 6' power cord that gives you "Emphasis on humanity of the source".
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Great Improvement - 09/15/10 01:34 AM
That should read "Emphasis on platyrrhines becoming airborne after emerging from my sphincter"
Posted By: JohnK Re: Great Improvement - 09/15/10 01:59 AM
Sending us to the dictionary again, eh Peter? So that's what a sphincter is.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Great Improvement - 09/15/10 04:59 AM
I'm going to wait for the sale.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Great Improvement - 09/15/10 11:02 AM
Sphincters are going on sale?

Politicians will be lining up.....
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Great Improvement - 09/15/10 01:43 PM
And priests....
Posted By: Listener Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 08:17 PM
I've never received this many responses to a thread I started. These cables are really popular around here.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 08:19 PM
Well, when the value's that good, man, we all gotta get on it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 08:46 PM
I think the magazine Mark just cancelled gave it a 5-star value rating.
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 09:31 PM
Now hat was funny!!!! I am still laughing.
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 10:00 PM
for those that enjoy viewing the most exotic this hobby has to offer:

http://www.higherfi.com/spkrlist/speakerlist.htm

A speaker system for a cool 2 million, built to order.

Even if I could afford it, I just wouldn't, my mommy raised me better than that!

P.S. who needs "height" speakers when you got a pair of thses:

http://www.calaudiotech.com/index.php?action=viewpic&pic=mbx10big

Posted By: Glitchy Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Worfzara
for those that enjoy viewing the most exotic
P.S. who needs "height" speakers when you got a pair of thses:

http://www.calaudiotech.com/index.php?action=viewpic&pic=mbx10big

"Each one weighs more than a ton" I don't believe it she doesn't weigh anywhere near that much!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:03 PM
Her eyeshadow might.
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:23 PM
Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Her eyeshadow might.

She has eyes?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:26 PM
Yes, along with dark roots, and a fake smile.
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:41 PM
This company is located in the Richmond Hill (GTA).

I can't believe there is actually a market for speakes that cost almost a quarter of a million dollars per pair.

http://www.hansenaudio.com/GRAND_MASTER/
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:44 PM
Especially ones that look like Gumby poo.

The one tweeter on the back is certainly different. What kind of madman would put two tweeters in one speaker?!

One thing to note for you cable enthusiasts out there, though... no biwiring on this puppy.
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:50 PM
Speakers the cost more and some exotic sports cars and no bi-wiring. Well, I guess I'll have to cross them off my list! LOL
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:55 PM
The one tweeter on the back is certainly different. What kind of madman would put two tweeters in one speaker?!

Err... Ian in the M80s, VP150, VP180... smile
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Great Improvement - 09/16/10 11:56 PM
Originally Posted By: EFalardeau

Err... Ian in the M80s, VP150, VP180... smile

Don't forget the QS4 and QS8.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Great Improvement - 09/17/10 01:38 AM
Yeah Ken, but I heard that a bi-wire option is going to be made available for $100,000.
© Axiom Message Boards