Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sawyer1370 FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/15/10 11:57 PM
Well after first hearing about Axioms several years ago, and wanting to hear what all the fuss was about, I finally did. Grunt (Dean) was kind enough to have me over to check out his set up. WOW is all I can say. A true 9.1 system, with a 143" screen.

The Axioms sounded great for both music and movies. Grunt was kind enough to demo things for almost 2 hours, and there wasn't any place the speakers didn't exceed expectations.

He was also kind enough to discuss with me in detail what I was looking to get out of getting a new 5.1 set up. He even let me bring home his pair of M22's he isn't using to compare them to my Mission book shelf speakers I have now. I'm more excited now than ever. I'm taking donations to put towards my planned system (M22 wall mounted, VP100 center and QS8 surrounds and maybe an HSU sub).
Posted By: Worfzara Re: FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/16/10 12:03 AM
I love to read posts like this! Glad you had a good experience.

There is nothing like listening to speakers in a home rather than a cold stereo store with pressure sales people.
Posted By: fredk Re: FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/16/10 12:09 AM
Cool! I feel a 'West Coast Sound' vs. M22 review coming on. cool
Posted By: Wid Re: FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/16/10 12:10 AM

Nice! I'm curious to hear your impressions compared to the Missions.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/16/10 12:13 AM
Wow! You registered back in '03 with only 21 posts and are STILL interested in Axiom speakers. That's great! I hope you finally get a set...I don't know how you have been so patient!
Posted By: sawyer1370 Re: FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/16/10 01:02 AM
Sonic, yea I have been waiting to pull the trigger on these speakers for far too long, but good things come to those who wait. This is my third house since I first registered, so needless to say my needs and home theater has changed. I think we finally have have a house we are going to live in for MANY years! At least that is the plan.

Having said that, the wall mounted M22's would work great in my set up. I would like the M60's, but cosmetically, they won't fit nearly as nicely as the wall mounted M22's will. And given that I do about 80% movies and TV compared to music, if I get a nice sub woofer, the M22's should be just fine (at least that is what you have all lead me to believe over the years).
Posted By: jakewash Re: FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/16/10 01:27 AM
Just keep Dean's M22s and build from there, he doesn't need them wink ; they can be wall mounted too.
Posted By: grunt Re: FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/16/10 06:47 AM
It was great to finally have Larry over for a listen. He was kind enough to offer to bring pizza but I’m trying to get into shape to do some real running now that things are starting to cool down.

Based on our discussion Larry like similar speakers to what I have like, B&W and Paradigm so it almost seems natural he would like Axiom. I did suggest that if he plans to stick with bookshelf size speakers that I would buy the subwoofer first and see how he likes the missions with a sub backing them up. Might turn out he doesn’t need new front speakers and can just get some QS8s for surrounds. Hopefully demoing the M22s in his own room will help in figuring that out.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: FINALLY heard some Axioms - 09/16/10 12:42 PM
I remember having to wait about a year from the time I was eyballing axioms until I was able to audition them. I had to drive 4.5 hours to Kansas City to do so (but we had plans to go there for other reasons as well so it worked out.) I don't know how you went so long!

Had I not been in the habit of searching the internet for reviews I would have never stumbled onto axiom. I'm glad that I did.

Very nice of you dean to loan out your speakers!
© Axiom Message Boards