Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks QS4 Stands - 09/21/10 11:21 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has found a more economically friendly choice of a QS4 speaker stand. I have moved since originally buying my setup and now have the option of using stands which would work perfect this this situation but have a hard time paying 300 bucks.
Posted By: JohnK Re: QS4 Stands - 09/22/10 01:32 AM
Brian, the bottom mid-woofer needs some room to disperse its sound. Using something(Canadians say that hockey pucks sound best)on a more conventional stand to raise the QSs at least a couple inches can be effective.
Posted By: bridgman Re: QS4 Stands - 09/22/10 01:35 AM
I would look for (or make) any stand that gives you a vertical support at the right height, fasten a piece of wood the size of the QS4 to the vertical, then use the T bracket to support the speaker.

The crudest solution would be a vertical 1x4 in a nice wood, a couple of matching pieces nailed to the sides at the bottom (dowelled and glued if you want to be fancy) to act as feet, and a T-bracket.

Sort of :

I QQQQ
ITQQQQ
ITQQQQ
I QQQQ
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF

Where I is the vertical piece, F is one of the feet, T is the T bracket and Q is the QS4. I was about to make a pair of those for my QS8s (to replace the soup cans) when Axiom came out with their spiffy Q stands.

One more piece of wood at right angles to the feet and behind the vertical would be good to avoid tipping sidewards. Buy a couple of pieces of nice wood at your local HD or equivalent, nail it togethers, shoot it with Varathene or something and enjoy.
© Axiom Message Boards