Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko New product from [REDACTED] (rhymes w/hose) - 09/29/10 05:36 PM
Don't you hate it when you mount a TV up on the wall with the wires nicely hidden, but they you still have big boxy speakers pissing off your wife? Well, no more!

Introducing the B*se VideoWave: 46" flat-panel HDTV with integrated "cinema quality" speakers and subwoofer.

In all seriousness, though, they're pretty damn smart and I'm sure this will be a big seller.
Depending on the price, these should actually sell very well. If you took the name off the product, offering better sound from a tv set (an issue that remains to be proven) without changing the form function drastically will find lots of useful applications in casual viewing areas. For example, this would work great in my bedroom, where surround sound isn't of paramount importance and putting up speakers around the room isn't a real option. But again, it all depends on the price.

edit/ Oh - I just saw that they are charging $5,400 for the set. No thanks. For that money, you could hire a company to install high quality in wall surround sound in any room with enough left over to buy an easy to use universal remote.

Looks like it requires a square room. smile
Posted By: bdpf Re: New product from [REDACTED] (rhymes w/hose) - 09/29/10 06:25 PM
Better not show that to the wife eek
If they can get that price down to $3500 then it will sell like crazy as that would be about the price point of a 46" TV and a Bose system of some kind.
I guess it's just me that thinks either price is just plain insanity.
I guess you would need two if you want surround sound.
I think you would need more like 4 for reasonable surround sound wink
If wanted left and right surrounds you might need 3.
Doh, beat me to it
I agree, the price is insane!
Originally Posted By: Worfzara
I agree, the price is insane!

Yeah, but people expect them to sound good "because" of the price.

(I guess kind of like a new sub making better picture quality on the TV.) :snicker:

Not to mention what the Bose name means to the general masses.
Id gladly pay twice as much if I was stupid.
The average couple will listen to it and think it is killer based on what they are used to.
Posted By: mpyw Re: New product from [REDACTED] (rhymes w/hose) - 09/30/10 12:59 AM
if they add a bluray player and networking to the TV and sell it for $4k, I might be interested to get it for my bedroom...
After reading that marketing piece, I'm convinced.
I'm also convinced. I won't be buying it either.
Sad part is that many will buy it and believe it's the best thing since sliced bread.
You can get bread that's already sliced?

Sonoffabeech!
What kind of resounding low notes will you get that does not make the TV screen rattle?
Well, to Blose, "resounding low notes" means 300Hz....
Sold exclusively in their stores so you can't compare it to the $150 home theater in a box that sounds better and the $1000 tv that looks better. : )

Back when I was younger and dumber I bought one of the Acoustic Wave (the big one) systems at their outlet for 1/2 price which was about $600. It's a decent sounding boom box and makes a good kitchen radio these days but a set of Cambridge Soundworks Model 6 speakers ($80 at Chrismas sale) and a Sonic Impact T-Amp ($40 with power cord) blow it away in sound quality.
© Axiom Message Boards