Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oldskoolboarder My turn for a sub... - 11/11/10 07:45 AM
My Hsu VTF2 recently acquired a hum, despite my use of a cheater plug. I've swapped AC plugs, outlets, etc w/ no luck. The hum exists even w/ no receiver connection. The hum is loud and doesn't change w/ volume adjustment.

I'm guessing that the amp is toast and waiting to hear back from Hsu to see how much it costs to fix. Bear in mind that I bought this for $400 years ago so it's lived a good life.

All this recent sub talk had me looking at the Epiks. Has anyone actually listened to one? I was interested in SVS in the past but haven't seen many threads about them anymore.
Posted By: JohnK Re: My turn for a sub... - 11/11/10 07:59 AM
Cesar, if breaking the ground connection with a cheater plug doesn't stop it and if it exists without a receiver connection, then there's no ground loop path possible. Apparently it's a defect in the rectifier or filter capacitors in the sub amp.
Posted By: Pitbull24 Re: My turn for a sub... - 11/11/10 01:58 PM
osb,

I run dual Epik Empires in my 2000 cf. HT. I could not be more impressed with performance of these subs. I am quite fond of the sealed subs sound. Now, my previous experience was with ported CV & Klipsch subs, which might not be saying much, but I can definitely recommend Epik.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: My turn for a sub... - 11/11/10 06:34 PM
That's a lot of sub for 2000 cubic feet. I have about 3000 cu ft w/ a 12" and it works great. I'm wondering if the legend might suffice. We'll see what Hsu comes back with...
© Axiom Message Boards