Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 500 "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/08/03 08:16 PM
I just borrowed a copy of the two towers from my friend who was lucky enough to some how get one of the copys that the movie studio sends out to the academy awards reviewers. This is a great soundtrack. The copy does have Dolby EX soundtrack, improperly flagged ovcourse. Hopefully it will be corrected on the DVD that comes out next month. This dolby track seems to be on par with the fellowship soundtrack. The diferrances I noticed were 1. Way way way more souround usage on the two towers sound track. My Qs8's were constantly active. 2. Great LFE but not quite the equal of the first movie. These are my first impressions, I'm going to watch it again tonight and see if I notice anything else.
Posted By: Gary Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/09/03 03:58 AM
I have TTT dvd also and it looks and sounds excellent. I can't wait for the extended one later this year.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/09/03 06:10 PM
Where do you guys get these things so early?

HOOK US UP, MAN!!!
Posted By: Semi_On Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/09/03 06:52 PM
Welcome to the WWW, Ravi.
Posted By: Saturn Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/11/03 12:49 AM
Downtown Chinatown in Montreal should have it.
Posted By: KCSkins Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/11/03 07:08 PM
I actually got mine sent to me by the academy. And even though it's incredible, I'm still buying a copy when it's released in a few months from now, just so I can have all the other special features, etc., that go along with the purchased copy.

-Kev
Posted By: Semi_On Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/11/03 10:52 PM
Just curious, but what do you do that has you being a member of the academy?
Posted By: KCSkins Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/12/03 12:41 AM
I work in TV development and programming for a studio here in LA and I get all sorts of submission for things like Emmy voting, etc. because I'm a member of the academy. I just happended to get lucky that a buddy of mine who works directly at the academy got me on the list for feature submissions, opposed to just TV submissions. So with that said, I get the best of both worlds.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/12/03 06:22 AM
That's cool. By the way, your Bull is a pimp.
Posted By: Saturn Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/12/03 01:34 PM
I rewatch TTT last night and the quality of the video is not that good on my HTPC. So I popped in my copy of Lara Croft just to see if its my soft DVD player. And Angelina Jolie still looks crisp, clean, and babeliciuos. Love those lips.

Posted By: twodan19 Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/12/03 01:44 PM
garth, you pig!
Posted By: KCSkins Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/12/03 08:11 PM
You like my picture of Ferdinand the Bulldog? He's the coolest dog I've ever met, that's for sure. He looks mean and tough but he's the biggest sweetheart, which is why his name fits him perfectly. I'm lucky to be his owner, and not just because he attracts mobs of women anywhere he goes, either.
Posted By: jcole Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/14/03 05:37 PM
I too have a copy of TTT. It not only looks great but it sounds great too!!!!

J
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/14/03 06:06 PM
sigh ...I just ordered the extended version from Amazon. It will be shipped on November 18th.

..well somebody has to keep the economy going
Posted By: Semi_On Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/14/03 06:28 PM
Absolutely. He's a very handsome dog.

That's why Bulls of various breeds are my favorite dogs. They tend to get a bit of a negative stereotype implied with them, but so long as their owners are not scum bags, they're terrific animals. My Dozer is a half American half Pit. He's totally ripped and terrifyingly strong, but he's the gentlest, sweetest, most well behaved dog I've ever seen.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgALA6sXuqFU52gy!Q3x6BmW1HuveRRlSfl0kJi6G*RhGvSWQnM1ivUrQLUbLaSYQ9tcgShFB!Hn0bYY7u5wO2GGO4LxKe98kcx1hhPnd9BilbkDX!kMEA/IMG_0398.jpg?dc=4675420389937467429

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDWApsXY53hRhkXqZr0JkHO0jPWKskSWc6yzMDM3TDMknXzDz5BE2Hvpy5FxM6R2viwEzPVG4oQE409*rV09nmL3IfqU6hb*CNJ80goKx*B7QZjLYHMjA/IMG_0400.jpg?dc=4675420389945818754

When we take him to the dog park, there's always a small pack of big dogs picking on the littler dogs. Every single time he hears it, he runs over, puts himself between the small dog and the pack and makes them back off. He hates bullies. He'll usually mount the biggest Alpha in the pack to just to make sure they all know they're his bitches.

And of course he's a chick magnate.
Posted By: curtis Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/14/03 07:43 PM
"When we take him to the dog park, there's always a small pack of big dogs picking on the littler dogs. Every single time he hears it, he runs over, puts himself between the small dog and the pack and makes them back off. He hates bullies. He'll usually mount the biggest Alpha in the pack to just to make sure they all know they're his bitches.

And of course he's a chick magnate. "

That is too funny! and great too!
Posted By: Semi_On Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/14/03 09:37 PM
In reply to:

That is too funny! and great too!

Yeah. Even the bravest of doberman seems to know better than to mess with a pit.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/15/03 12:13 AM
First a beer-jacked thread, and now a dog-jacked thread. What next?!

I've got a pit-lab mix (her face is the pic in my profile), that is definitely a sweetie. Her favorite sport is trying to catch the neighborhood squirrel that frequents her back yard.

Here are some pics that I --cough-- happen to have handy:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Posted By: Semi_On Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/15/03 12:35 AM
She's beautiful. I can definitely see the pit in her demeanor. She seems to be laying down, resting, in every shot!
Posted By: BigWill Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/15/03 12:39 AM
That last shot looks professional - very nice picture.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: "The Two Towers" DVD - 07/15/03 05:45 AM
I have to give my brother credit for the professional-looking shot. It's the only one that wasn't taken with a digital camera. I believe it's currently in the running for a top prize in an online photo contest's pet category.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: "The Two Towers" DVD (hijacked) - 07/15/03 05:59 AM
Well i'll throw this one back out there then. I'm not sure who looks more mentally challenged here, the bunny or the dog.

© Axiom Message Boards