Axiom Home Page
Posted By: F16Thud In-Wall M3 vs. M22 What's the advantage? - 12/17/10 04:08 AM

Hello All!

I'm updating my A/V setup in my living room, and hope to get some input!

I have a vaulted ceiling and want to have a nice clean in-wall setup.

My thought was to go with the VP150, to ensure I get nice clean dialog with my vaulted ceiling. Is that the right approach?

Also, I am considering either the M3 or M22 (IN-WALL), and noticed they have the same frequency response. Obviously the M3 are cheaper, so is there a benefit of the M22's over the M3's?

Thanks!
That M22s will be a closer timbre match to the VP150.

While they may cover the same frequency range, their response between that low and high point is slightly different.
TO add to Chris' post, the M3's, at least in bookshelf form, have a slight lower midrange dip that gives them a slightly recessed/laid back sound, while the M22 bookshlef is more linear and the midrange clarity is excellent. I suspect this difference carries over to the in wall versions as well. I would use this as the guiding point between the M3/M22.

The VP 150 won't care too much about the vaulted ceiling but it will give you good clarity just as all Axiom speakers do. A vertical center will give you better off axis listening. This would be desirable if you have listening positions outside of your main listening area.
Posted By: F16Thud Re: In-Wall M3 vs. M22 What's the advantage? - 12/17/10 09:54 PM

Thanks for the input! I will be going with the M22 Inwall and the VP150 Center in Knotty Pine!!

Thanks Again!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: In-Wall M3 vs. M22 What's the advantage? - 12/18/10 12:19 AM
Good deal. I bought a subwoofer in Cinnamon Beech and it was worth the extra expense for something different. You appreciate them more when they are in a "different" finish, I think.
I think we will need pics of this setup, never seen anything in the Knotty Pine.
Posted By: Adrian Re: In-Wall M3 vs. M22 What's the advantage? - 12/18/10 04:10 AM
Are you pining for some knotty pictures, Jay? grin
Posted By: F16Thud Re: In-Wall M3 vs. M22 What's the advantage? - 12/18/10 05:48 AM
It will be a few months, but I will be happy to post some pics!
Adrian, couldn't resist could you smile

I can wait a few months.
Posted By: BobKay Re: In-Wall M3 vs. M22 What's the advantage? - 12/18/10 02:31 PM
Originally Posted By: jakewash
I think we will need pics of this setup, never seen anything in the Knotty Pine.

Jason: I think maybe you did. There was a VP180 on a desk in the Axiom office on that Saturday. It made it look even bigger than it is! It was in knotty pine. I think there are also knotty pine speaker cabs in Ian and Amie's house. Awesomely different, for sure.
Which Saturday would that be? The one for the anniversary? Are you making fun of the fact I wasn't there wink frown
© Axiom Message Boards