Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pheare finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 03:24 PM
Just bought a brand new pair of m22's on auction for $417cdn. Also got a single m2 (centre channel) to go with them. Looking forward to seeing how they sound in my room.

Already have some qs4's bringing up the rear. Some day will get a pair of qs8's for 5.1 and relegate the qs4 to the 7.1 channel.
Posted By: Dduval Re: finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 03:37 PM
Congrats!

Be sure to post your impressions. I'm thinking of the M22's myself to replace my wide's.

Dana
Posted By: grunt Re: finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 04:21 PM
Congratulations on the purchase and good choices. The M22s and M2s are fantastic speakers.
Posted By: sam3274 Re: finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 04:44 PM
Originally Posted By: pheare

Already have some qs4's bringing up the rear. Some day will get a pair of qs8's for 5.1 and relegate the qs4 to the 7.1 channel.

Congrats! May your holiday be filled with music :-)

That's what I have - QS8s for 5.1 and QS4s for 7.1 Great setup I think.

Posted By: PhillipD Re: finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 04:54 PM
Congrats, I was watching the auction this morning and was goign to pull the trigger on the Knoty Pine M80's until they reposted another color for the next auction.

Phil
Posted By: pheare Re: finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 06:19 PM
Thanks. Will post my impressions when I get them.
Posted By: GTZ Re: finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 08:50 PM
Congrats on your purchase! Do you plan on using the M2 (centre) horizontally or vertically?
Posted By: pheare Re: finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 09:12 PM
^ thx. going to use it vertically. Not sure it'd work very well horizontally.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: finally pulled the trigger - 12/31/10 09:32 PM
Exactly, the purpose of selecting a vertical center is to use it vertically. If you don't have room of a vertical center, a speaker designed for horizontal placement will perform better in that orientation.
Posted By: wbedford Re: finally pulled the trigger - 01/01/11 12:19 AM
Originally Posted By: pheare
Just bought a brand new pair of m22's on auction for $417cdn. Also got a single m2 (centre channel) to go with them. Looking forward to seeing how they sound in my room.

Based on advice from users on this forum, I bought an M2 as a centre channel 3 months ago. I Love it. Vertical centre channel is awesome.....
Posted By: jakewash Re: finally pulled the trigger - 01/01/11 01:07 AM
Congrats pheare, I am sure you will like them as much as I have liked mine all these years. I actually listened to the M22s for the rest of the day after you left smile
Posted By: pheare Re: finally pulled the trigger - 01/01/11 07:23 PM
^Thanks Jason. Looking forward to receiving them.

Darren.
© Axiom Message Boards