Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Seekinganswers Speaker stands - 01/30/11 03:03 AM
Can those of you who uses axiom speaker stands for their M22s tell me about your experience. Was it worth it and how do you like it?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Speaker stands - 01/30/11 03:20 AM
I'm currently using them in my living room setup. But plan on replacing them some day with wall brackets. They serve their purpose quite well.
Posted By: Seekinganswers Re: Speaker stands - 01/30/11 03:22 AM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I'm currently using them in my living room setup. But plan on replacing them some day with wall brackets. They serve their purpose quite well.

Do you feel like it is worth the price? If you had to do it again would you just spend about $30 dollars for some sanus speaker stands?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Speaker stands - 01/30/11 03:26 AM
I had to go look them up. The $30 ones don't look like they'd support the M22 very well. The M22's are somewhat heavy. I prefer the Axiom stands because they were designed to hold these.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Speaker stands - 01/30/11 03:26 AM
I don't think any speaker stands you get for $30 are going to be very safe for a speaker as big as the M22. Just my $0.02.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Speaker stands - 01/30/11 03:28 AM
If you require stands the Axiom models are generally worth it and also unlike normal stands where the speaker just sits on top of them, these are specifically designed for the bookshelf models like the M22s plus they have two locking screws on the back to hold them more securely in position. Also if you have a certain height requirement, you can order the custom option(which I did) and have them cut to your specifications anywhere up to 36 inches.
Posted By: GregLee Re: Speaker stands - 02/08/11 12:29 AM
I have the Axiom stands for the M22s, but only because I got them along with a set of speakers I bought used. I would not have paid Axiom's new price, which seems to me quite high for the rather chintzy-looking metal. (But I'm not saying there is some better alternative --- I don't know.)
© Axiom Message Boards