Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Kazmanian Devil Speakers for Wides - 02/20/11 06:04 PM
I just updated my receiver with the Denon 4310 and I was wondering what speakers i should use for the wides? The Audyssey DSX rep said that I should use a speaker with the same timbre. So, what would go best with the M60ti,2003 vintage,(lowest cost, can't afford another set of M60s)and how much space do I need between speakers? Would Polk Monitor 30s or 40s work, newegg has good deals on them or are they too cheap for this setup? Also, should I get the height speakers, since it is a 7.1 system, I assume not since I would need to switch speakers back and forth, correct? Thanks for any help and being patient with my inexperience. Now, to set up the receiver, this should be fun. This is my third Denon, I am starting to think I am a sadomasochist eek
Posted By: grunt Re: Speakers for Wides - 02/20/11 06:18 PM
The Audyssey rep is correct that you should use as closely matched speakers as possible for wides because they share a large amount of audio information with their corresponding main speaker.

I think the best wide speaker for Axiom towers is the Axiom M2. Those are what I use for wides with my M80v2 (2005) and they are a perfect match.

You could try to use another brand but there are going to be direct pans moving from the main to the wide speakers and back which will likely make any timbre difference noticeable.
© Axiom Message Boards