Axiom Home Page
Heres my deal. room is 12' x 20'. I'm going to have a panasonic pt4000u projector to primarily watch movies. I wouldn't mind spending $2000 for speakers. I've been wanting to get the floorstanding m60 or m80 but I think they might have to much sound for my room. If I go with a smaller speaker will they still sound as good? I'm going to buy them as a package deal. Also I like the yamaha recievers but will they work good with axioms? My budget for reciever is under $400. Is that to low? You guys rock... thanks in advance, John
What are you flying?
B737
John, welcome(can always use another one and Rick says that also applies to another pilot). You can get the M60 or M80 if you want, because you can't have "too much sound" if you don't play them too loudly; you're at the controls. At those sound levels the M22 with a good sub will sound essentially as good.

As to a receiver, yes, the Yamahas will certainly work well with the Axioms, which have no unusual requirements. I'd suggest, however, that you consider instead either a Denon or Onkyo model with Audyssey MultEQ auto-calibration and room equalization in both the time and frequency domains. This is more advanced than the YPAO system used by Yamaha.

$400 isn't too low if you get a factory refurbished Denon or Onkyo unit at substantial savings. These are likely to be at least as reliable as a brand-new unit. Accessories4less offers good deals on Onkyo refurbs and eCost on Denon.
+1 what John said.
© Axiom Message Boards