Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi Ep 500 silence... - 05/01/11 02:01 PM
I was playing Gears of war 3 and noticed a lack of bass... not super familiar with the game so just dismissed it. I switched over to watch the second half of how to train your dragon. I watched the first half a few days ago and it was a good ep500 workout... but the second half, not so much. Suspecting a problem I went over and checked my ep 500. Not a single sound. Light was green, all cables in receiver and sub were tight. Upped the volume knob on the back and still nothing. I turned the sub off, turned it back on and it started working again.

Any idea what is going on?
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Ep 500 silence... - 05/01/11 02:04 PM
My guess is the DSP in the amp is whacky. You might want to inquire about getting a new amp if this starts to happen more than once.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Ep 500 silence... - 05/01/11 02:17 PM
Yeah, I'm already on a refurbished amp. First amp had a similar problem but wouldn't always come right back on after power cycling. Cranking the volume knob up to max made the old one kick on once or twice.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Ep 500 silence... - 05/02/11 02:01 AM
I'll just keep an eye on it and keep my fingers crossed that it won't be a reoccurring problem. I haven't had very good luck with my ep500.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Ep 500 silence... - 05/02/11 02:07 AM
Yeah, just keep an eye on it. It will most likely be intermittent and not something you can re-create on the spot if it gets any worse.
© Axiom Message Boards