Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Diamondog Anyone with QS8's ceiling mounted... - 05/06/11 08:05 PM
I'm about to snap up another set and they will probably be ceiling mounted, will be running 7.1....how do these perform ceiling mounted? My setup is in an unfinished basement with a 12X8X8 listening area, the rest is open space...any feedback?
Posted By: NDinUSA Re: Anyone with QS8's ceiling mounted... - 05/06/11 08:32 PM
They sound as good as they do on the walls.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone with QS8's ceiling mounted... - 05/06/11 10:03 PM
Are you saying mounted to the ceiling with appropriate ceiling bracket (just work) or flat against the ceiling (not recommended).
Posted By: Diamondog Re: Anyone with QS8's ceiling mounted... - 05/06/11 10:40 PM
they would be mounted to ceiling joist with proper mounting brackets...I have 2 that are behind each end of couch, angled in on floor stands and the other 2 would go on floor joists with mounting brackets, also not sure of best placement of those, directly over head sound coming straight down, few feet in front of couch, behind couch???
Posted By: JohnK Re: Anyone with QS8's ceiling mounted... - 05/07/11 01:22 AM
Back surround speakers in a 7.1 setup should definitely not be in front of the couch or overhead. In order to create a back sound field they should be behind the listening position, say by at least four feet, and separated widely enough so that both a left back and right back effect would be possible for listeners.

The present 5.1 side surrounds should then be placed directly to the sides of the listening position, since they won't need to help create a "phantom" back effect when actual back surround speakers are in use.
© Axiom Message Boards