Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Listener Broken ep500 v3 - 07/09/11 04:05 PM
my two year old destroyed the input to my ep500 this morning. As can be seen here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WIFVSngHB479-2hpFeaRtmcAWhDvFeNGUJQk4f_Zll8?feat=directlink

What Are my choices at this point? I see that right to the right of the destroyed input there is another different type of interface. Can I use this for an input instead with some sort of adapter?

Since I do not use the output I suppose I could open up the sub take the connector from the output and solder it into the input cables???

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: Jc Re: Broken ep500 v3 - 07/09/11 04:10 PM
Hi,

It was nive talking to you ! As per our conversation, please, keep me posted once you have tried using the output jack.
Posted By: Listener Re: Broken ep500 v3 - 07/09/11 04:26 PM
Thanks Jc. The output jack seems to be working okay. Phewww. I thought I was going to have to live without a sub for a while. I would have had to make my son jump up every time there is an explosion in the movie to simulate the rumble for me.
Posted By: Listener Re: Broken ep500 v3 - 07/09/11 04:29 PM
On a good note this reminded me that I have a crossover back there. haha. I've been wanting to have the sub take over a little earlier so i turned it up to 100 for now to see if I like it this way.
Posted By: Jc Re: Broken ep500 v3 - 07/09/11 05:06 PM
Personal experimentation the one and only true way to go !
Posted By: jakewash Re: Broken ep500 v3 - 07/09/11 05:15 PM
Glad to see you have been looked after, Axiom CS comes through again, even before we did wink
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Broken ep500 v3 - 07/09/11 05:54 PM
yep, you can use either jacks, glad it is working, in/out is misleading..
Posted By: JohnK Re: Broken ep500 v3 - 07/10/11 01:52 AM
Tom, as you see, the jack marked "out" can also serve as an input. There's an internal "Y" arrangement, with both top legs of the Y(from input and output)being able to go down the bottom leg into the sub amp.

Note however, that subs don't have an actual internal crossover; the control is just for a low-pass filter which rolls off the sub above the selected frequency, but has no effect on the speakers. If you want to change the crossover frequency between the sub and speakers this has to be done in the receiver. The low-pass control on the sub should be left at the highest setting to keep it out of the way of the crossover that the receiver is doing.
Posted By: Listener Re: Broken ep500 v3 - 07/10/11 02:08 AM
Thanks for reminding me that John. I did know this once upon a time when I set everything up, but it has been a while and I have not been experimenting since my son was born. I will make sure that I make the change on the receiver as well and put the crossover on the sub to the max which is 150 i believe.
© Axiom Message Boards