Axiom Home Page
Posted By: kcalvano Just ordered my Epic 80 system - 08/01/03 12:41 PM
Having been a long time NHT advocate, I finally decided that I was well overdue for a change/upgrade--With all of the great things that I have heard about Axiom, I decided to take the plunge--I am anxious to hear them in action.
My system
Denon 3802 (as preamp/processor)
Denon POA 8300 driving 3 front channels
Denon POA 8200 driving 2 rear
Denon 3802 driving 2 rear back
I also ordered an extra pair of QS8's for my 7.1 setup
Can't wait!

Posted By: gthomas Re: Just ordered my Epic 80 system - 08/01/03 03:10 PM
Kcalvano, I also am an NHT fan. But ordered the VP-150 and a pair of QS8 surrounds. They sound awsome. The qs8 outperform Citation surrounds I have been using and they cost $1000 apiece. The VP-150 is much fuller and open than the AC-1 center I have been using from NHT. I did not get the M80 because I don't really want to have to use a seperate ssub and my NHT 2.4 go to 25HZ. I am bi-amping them so I have a 200 watt dedicated B&K amp just for the 10inch woofer in each 2.4 cabinet.

My system: NHT 2.4 mains Bi-amped
Axiom VP-150 center
Axiom QS8 surrounds
Citation 5.3 rears for 7.1(will probably repace with QS8)
Anthem AVM20 PRE-PRO
Adcom 7807 amp (thats 300 watts x 7)
B&K 200 watt amp for the subs

Now all I have to do is sell my NHT center and the Citations. By the way I live in central Mo. I ordered the speakers on Tuesday and the were in my hands on Thursday(yesterday). I think you will really like these speakers. Let me know what you think.
gthomas
Posted By: sushi Re: Just ordered my Epic 80 system - 08/01/03 03:39 PM
gthomas,

How well do you think the Axioms timbre-match with the NHT fronts?

Just curious...
Posted By: kcalvano Re: Just ordered my Epic 80 system - 08/01/03 03:43 PM
I'm glad to hear that the VP-150 outperformed the AC-1(I had always thought that it was a little 'boxy sounding' or maybe just lacking in 'fullness'. I can't wait to hear the difference. I should be recieving my speakers by monday. I'll give a full review after I have them proplerly set up and have a chance to test them for a while.
Ciao
Posted By: kcalvano Re: Just ordered my Epic 80 system - 08/01/03 03:45 PM
PS: I still have my NHT setup and will do a a/b comparison just for fun.
Posted By: gthomas Re: Just ordered my Epic 80 system - 08/01/03 10:16 PM
Hi sushi! Thanks for your advice on the Axioms the other day. I like the way the VP-150 matches the NHTs. When I use the Avia reference DVD I find the speakers sound quite alike. The QS8 sound much different than the Citations,howeverf they do not sound better! The QS8 have a much more difuse and open sound.
gthomas
© Axiom Message Boards