Axiom Home Page
Posted By: J. B. SMPTE cinema projector target - 11/14/11 03:38 PM
I just posted a scanned SMPTE cinema target, in .tif format, from an original transparency, at my scanner's max. resolution.
This target is used in cinemas to align and adjust projectors.
The resolution is not quite as good as the original, but it still should be useful for this, and also for other kinds of adjustments.

You can find it here:
http://gellidius.deviantart.com/#/d4g5m1z

To get the full size file, please click on the "download" button.
Posted By: Murph Re: SMPTE cinema projector target - 11/14/11 04:19 PM
Link is broken, I think.
Posted By: J. B. Re: SMPTE cinema projector target - 11/14/11 04:23 PM
it should work now. :-)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: SMPTE cinema projector target - 11/14/11 05:40 PM
ummm, I thought this post was about a projector for sale at Target.
Posted By: Murph Re: SMPTE cinema projector target - 11/14/11 05:47 PM
Yup. Works now. Reminds me of when I was a kid and used to run down the stairs to watch Saturday morning cartoons, only to be presented with a test pattern for some reason. Since everybody only had TFC at the time (Two F__in Channels), this was a big disappointment.
Posted By: J. B. Re: SMPTE cinema projector target - 11/14/11 06:11 PM
when i was a kid and we got our first tv, there was only 1 channel, the CBC, and it was bilingual, some programs in french and some in english.
that was in 1952, the first year there was tv in Canada, and if i remember right, my father said the tv cost him more than one thousand $. Lots of money in those days.
it was in a nice wooden cabinet and there were two doors in the front that we would close when not watching tv.

i did not know how the thing would show images, and once, i tried to push a finger inside the image, but the front was made of glass and it did not work.
Posted By: J. B. Re: SMPTE cinema projector target - 11/15/11 02:37 PM
To all who might have downloaded this file:

i noticed that DeviantArt, where this file resides, does not accept .tif images and automatically converts them to highly compressed .jpg files.

a 16 bits file was not warranted here, so i changed it to 8 bits;
and i also converted the original file to .jpg in Ps, with minimum compression.
the file is now about twice as large as before.

if there is anything i could do to improve it further, please tell me.
© Axiom Message Boards