Axiom Home Page
Posted By: audiofan Adding new QS4 v3 to old QS4 + 7.1 channel? - 12/08/11 05:17 PM
Hi,
I have 5.1 system and finally, i have whole room now. I plan to add a pair of QS4 v3 speaker to complete 7.1 I have 2 questions:
1> Does new QS4 new version work well with original QS4 in term of sound?

2> Do i need movies encoded 7.1 in order to take advantage of 7.1 setup? or is it the waste?

thanks.
Posted By: CV Re: Adding new QS4 v3 to old QS4 + 7.1 channel? - 12/08/11 07:20 PM
The sound difference shouldn't be enough to notice. I run v3s with v2s and nothing sounds off. I did make the v3s my side surrounds and moved the v2s to the rear, since I figured the side surrounds would be fed more information.

The movies don't need to be encoded in 7.1 as long as your receiver can matrix to the extra surround channels with Dolby PLIIx/z or the like.
Any particular reason not to use QS8's instead? Generally the bigger the box/speakers, the better the sound.
Posted By: CV Re: Adding new QS4 v3 to old QS4 + 7.1 channel? - 12/08/11 07:33 PM
Oh, yeah, I should have said that my v3s and v2s are QS8s, not QS4s, so I can't comment specifically on that model. I just doubt the difference in sound would matter on any of the individual Axiom models. I agree with CatBrat that you might consider QS8s to use as your side surrounds and move the QS4s to the rear.
Yeah, I say get the Qs8's for the sides, and move your existing 4's to the rear.
One more vote for Qs8s for the sides and 4's for the rear channel. There is usually less information sent to the rear channels than the side channels.
Originally Posted By: SirQuack
move your existing 4's to the rear.

I know the fours are smaller than the eights, but still:

OW OW OW OW OW!
© Axiom Message Boards