Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FordPrefect Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 05:29 PM
Yes, very much against my will Brent forced me to order a VP160 and matching FMS-160 stand. While he was at it he also had me order a pair of M60s (I had a pair a few years ago, sold them and have regretted it ever since).

As if this torment wasn't enough I was also talked into another EP350 subwoofer (apparently one is never enough).

To add insult to injury I have to drive to Dwight and pick them up.....

Not sure if I will ever get over this.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 05:41 PM
this must be a real torture for you.
you should tell Brant you're a terrorist; he'll cancel that order on the spot.
Posted By: fredk Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 06:11 PM
There's no way out of this one. Suffer you bugger!
Posted By: J. B. Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 06:18 PM
OH! he's a bugger!
Then i retract what i said earlier.
Posted By: GTZ Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 06:23 PM
Got me thinkin, wonder if my wife would buy the 'Brent made me do it' excuse and order a VP160 to replace my 150?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 06:24 PM
See, there's the difference. I had to talk JC into allowing me
to buy a second set of QS8's. He was correct. He knew I didn't need them. "Need!" Ha!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 06:33 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing, GTZ.
Posted By: RickF Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 07:01 PM
Wayne...

You will be posting the pictures of your new digs loaded up in the Corvette prior to leaving Dwight.

Correct?

smile
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 07:48 PM
Nothing I'd like better than to take the 'vette up there, the trunk, although surprisingly large for a two seater just isn't up to the task.
I don't think it will see the road until April.

I'll have to borrow the wife's Honda Fit for the journey. They certainly won't all get into my Altima coupe.

Brent all is forgiven.
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 09:53 PM
I'm blaming Axiom in general for creating the VP160 and pre-selling it at a tantalizingly low price. I plan to make up some story about being the 1,000,000th customer and hiding the credit card bill.

Damn you, Axiom of Evil! (and thanks)
Posted By: cb919 Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 10:07 PM
Originally Posted By: FordPrefect
Nothing I'd like better than to take the 'vette up there, ...

Don't worry Wayne, you'll need to take the 'vette back to Dwight in April for maybe a ground loop isolator or that piece of ID you accidentally dropped and that Amie/Brent/JC/Ian just happened to find after the snow melted! wink
Posted By: SBrown Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 10:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out an excuse too, why I need a 160 and 150. I will be on the sh!t list for awhile I guess.
Posted By: Amie Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/05/12 11:39 PM
I have spoken firmly to Brent. He'll be calling the rest of you shortly :-) Wayne, return trip in May would probably mean a cruise in the '41 . . . Just sayin' . . .
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/06/12 12:24 AM
It's finally alive?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/06/12 12:59 AM
Very good, Wayne! Hope that you enjoy your new stuff, and that you report back with some stories or pictures.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/06/12 01:20 AM
I suppose I should do a travelogue complete with restaurant reviews and weather reports and about a hundred photos.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/06/12 03:05 AM
Naughty Brent! Wayne, I hope that after listening to those new Axioms you'll find it in your heart to forgive him.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/06/12 06:03 AM
Glad to hear so many people preordering this wonderful speaker, you will not be disappointed smile smile

Wayne, I think only the VP160 would make into the Fit, that was one big box, granted mine wasn't the actual box it will be shipped in once production starts happening.

Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/06/12 12:34 PM
Good point Jason, I'll get the actual box dimensions from Noreen just to make sure everything fits. The Fit is a bit like the Tardis inside so I have almost high hopes.

Another option would be thick blankets and ask for everything to be "out of box" when I pick it up. I did that when I took the EP350 home in the front set of the Altima coupe.

I guess I'd better start working on my 3D puzzle.
Posted By: Murph Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/11/12 01:49 PM
Gratz on your recent brainwashing.

Figuring out how to fit everything in there should be easy,Wayne.
If you take the sum of the integrates [sic] and express the results as a power series, then the interstices show the basic binary blocks, although I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Sorry, your fault for mentioning the Tardis.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/11/12 04:02 PM
Originally Posted By: jakewash
Glad to hear so many people preordering this wonderful speaker, you will not be disappointed smile smile

Wayne, I think only the VP160 would make into the Fit, that was one big box, granted mine wasn't the actual box it will be shipped in once production [for the plebicite] starts happening.

Jason, you always appeared to me to be one of the most humble people here, but your (inserted by me) elitism shocks me.
Posted By: Brent Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/11/12 07:34 PM
I have been following this for a bit - having a good chuckle. However, I got to say my persuasive powers are slightly exaggerated or I'd have my wife wrapped around my finger- I will certainly provide benefits of product but I do not sell them, rather I let you buy - sneaky that I am! and the shit list - if you just stay on it you can get back on it. Wayne - I used to get half of our inventory into my Subaru - I'd be surprised if evrything didn't get into the Fit with room left over to pick up a hitch hiker on the way home
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/11/12 08:05 PM
I got the box sizes, did a bit of staring at the Fit, and yes it will fit.

Not so sure about the hitch hiker though smile
Posted By: jakewash Re: Brent Made Me Do It - 01/12/12 06:17 AM
Chaulk it up to the excitment of a new toy.
© Axiom Message Boards