Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jailbreaker New to Axiom - 03/05/12 10:54 AM
Hi, i just warnted to make my mark here on the forum, and say hi from denmark (proberly the first dane) wink
I must say i was surprised that my speakers got to denmark in 2 days, now the vat and duty has been paied so the speakers should be here on wensday laugh
It will be exiting to hear how the Axiom m80v3 will sound compared to my old jamo 507, witch i have been the happy owner of for about 20 years.
I have started to listen to some new refrence cd's 24k qualerty, just to get the best parsible result (even myh old jamos sound better than ever with these cd's).

So what do you Axiom fans think, will the axioms sound so much better that i also will become a fan? wink (i hope so, i would hate to have to send them back)

Well thats all from me for now, i will return to give my impression later on.
Cheers
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New to Axiom - 03/05/12 11:01 AM
Cain I call you Jail? Welcome to the forum, Jail!

It's possible that no one here is familiar with the Jamo 507s, and so you won't be able to get a direct comparison. I CAN tell you that it's very rare that someone comes here having just ordered their speakers, and ends up returning them!

So, my gut feeling is that you'll love them!

And Axioms DO love good source material. They are very accurate and revealing, so they'll really show whether or not the recording engineer did a good job!

And, yes, we're looking forward to impressions and pictures! smile
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: New to Axiom - 03/05/12 01:18 PM
Welcome Jailbreaker!

I briefly demoed a pair of Jamo C807s many years back. While I did enjoy how they sounded I ended up returning them because they were not magnetically shielded (this was when I still had a CRT TV).

Did a quick search on the Jamo 507 and as far as specs go, the M80s will play lower. Sorry, I can't offer any kind of direct comparison, but like Mark said, the M80s are very accurate and revealing. I've listened to another member's M80s (grunt) and they are a very complete speaker from top to bottom.

Oh, and the QS8s are really outstanding surround speakers!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New to Axiom - 03/05/12 01:19 PM
One of my neighbors down the road has all Jamo speakers, including surrounds. The front speakers were a larger bookshelf size, but don't remember the model#. Anyway, he stopped over one night for a few cold beers and we watched a movie. He was very amazed at the sound and said if he ever changed, he would give Axiom a shot.

Welcome Jaildude.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New to Axiom - 03/05/12 04:41 PM
Warm welcome! Thank you for posting!

I think you will really enjoy your new speakers. What kind of music do you listen to?

Speaker technology has probably improved somewhat over the last 20 years.

I have heard Jamo speakers on several different occasions, but I don't think I have heard those models. Compared to my Axiom M60's, I thought the Jamo's were quite a bit less forward, and did not have the same level of detail. Of course, the rooms were different, too. But I've never been sorry about buying Axioms.

Enjoy! Please stick around the forums and share your experience with us.
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/06/12 01:45 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Warm welcome! Thank you for posting!

I think you will really enjoy your new speakers. What kind of music do you listen to?

Speaker technology has probably improved somewhat over the last 20 years.

Enjoy! Please stick around the forums and share your experience with us.

Thanks, happy to be here.

I listen to all kind of music, but atm its mostly Volbeat, Readiohead and the sweet voice of Lana Del Rey (Born to dei) it just gets me wink
Music is one thing, but i will be using it for movies even more, action, sci-fi and horror.
(Also why i need to get a sub later, atm im thinking Ep600)

The main reason i warnted to change my system, was the 20 years of technology advance.

I will keep you updated on my experience, but im not really vorried, so manny cant parsible be wrong smile

Cheers, Jail

Posted By: J. B. Re: New to Axiom - 03/06/12 01:51 PM
"The main reason i wanted to change my system, was the 20 years of technology advance."

Same as me. :-)
Posted By: alan Re: New to Axiom - 03/06/12 02:19 PM
Hi jail,

Welcome, and I think you'll be thrilled with the upgrade in sound quality to the Axiom M80s. As a former AV magazine editor for many years, I found Jamo speakers OK but not nearly as neutral and uncolored as the best speakers from a few Canadian manufacturers such as Axiom, PSB, Energy, and Paradigm, plus a few US brands-- Revel and Snell, to mention a couple.

As others have pointed out, the Axioms will give you a window into the recording quality of your source material. Fine recordings will sound wonderful; bad recordings will be unlistenable.

Cheers,
Alan
Posted By: J. B. Re: New to Axiom - 03/06/12 02:24 PM
"As others have pointed out, the Axioms will give you a window into the recording quality of your source material. Fine recordings will sound wonderful; bad recordings will be unlistenable."

i heard that when listening to music through a Bose "system" everything sounds very good... :-S
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/06/12 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: alan

As others have pointed out, the Axioms will give you a window into the recording quality of your source material. Fine recordings will sound wonderful; bad recordings will be unlistenable.

Cheers,
Alan

Good thing i have begun buying 24-bit recordings wink
(Not a bose HT fan!)
but i do own "bose companien 5" pc speakers, and for small scale they do sound fine wink
they just lack some midtone to fill a hole between the bass and trible :S
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 10:01 AM
I'm getting upset... :S

I Was impressed that fedex could ship from canada to denmark in about 2 days, but getting the speakers from the danish airport to me witch is 130km. a 1 1/2 houer drive, that has sofar taken 5 days, and following their tracking shows me that they now has ship them on to sveden frown (Wrong way!!!)
I have talked to them, and they say it may be a scanning problem, but they are tjecking it atm.

Sorry, i just had to get it out.

On the good side, my new 99,9999% silver 24-bit 352.8 KHz. cd has arrived today.

"The Sheffield Lab, Drum & Track Disc"

So let the testing begin smile

0/ Jail
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 11:09 AM
SO, now its official, my speakers are in sveden.
I am however trying to get them to send them by cap, i think they have noticede that i'm pretty angry frown
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 11:27 AM
Hey Jail-
Sorry about the shipping problems! I know it's frustrating to have something you're looking forward to having, be so close yet so far!

Just keep remembering how you'll have these speakers for many, many years and (try to) tell yourself that it's just a minor delay in the big scheme of things.

I have to admit, though, that when I ordered my Axioms I was as excited as I ever had been to get that delivery.... like a kid at Christmas! smile

And...regarding Sweden: Just remember these speakers are world-class and maybe they just want to see a bit more of it before settling into your home for the next decade or two! grin
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 12:13 PM
Thanks Mark, your words are comforting wink but by now i have colmed down somewhat, i will have to wait till tomorrow to get my speakers, and forget i just wasted 3 working days making no money wink
thankfully i had loats of houers to take from smile
I have agreed that they put the speakers in my garage while at work, now i just hope i can trust my naboes whistle
Maby its a good thing they dont know what im getting, but they will know soon enough wink
I just have to be home to receve the Ep600 when i order it, couse by then they will know the Axiom logo wink
Posted By: Argon Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 12:34 PM
Is it me or could this be BBiggy's European Cousin?
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 01:55 PM
Sry no, i dont have famely anywhere else than norway and denmark wink
Posted By: BobKay Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 02:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Jailbreaker
Sry no, i dont have famely anywhere else than norway and denmark wink

It's (bbiggy) an inside joke around here. Stick around long enough and you may see him pop up.

Let's remember that Mr. Breaker reads, writes and speaks at least one more language than most of us do. Bbiggy isn't even proficient in the only one he knows.

Jail, welcome to Axiom Speakers and to the Forum!!

We have no representation from The Continent, so we hope you will stick around for a while. You will not only find everyone here willing and happy to share their a/v experience and advice with you, you can even get valuable information on everything from brewing coffee to accessorizing. (There are tons of in-denial metrosexuals lurking here, so be cautions. grin)

We are also lacking in representation from South America, Africa and Antarctica. Anything you could do to help would be greatly appreciated.

We hope (OK, we're pretty sure on this one) that you will love your new Axioms as much as we love ours. I was concerned at first that, being Scandanavian, you might listen exclusively to Death Metal. Thanks for allaying our worst fears. laugh

Also, there can be a lot of cheap laughs around here. I'm sorry, "cheap" doesn't really to them justice.
Have a blast with you new stuff!

P.S. Don't let those Svedes push you around with your delivery. They usually respond very well to hysterical, angry screaming. I'd try that approach first. wink

P.P.S. If you really have ever broken out of jail, there are people here who will worship you like James Dean. If that kind of sycophantic adulation is not on your wish list, you could always tell us your name. Don't feel badly if it takes a few weeks for some of us to spell it correctly.

P.P.P.S. Can you send me some Blue Van cd's? I really like them. They're hard to find in the US. wink
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 09:03 PM
Ok first off, i will defenetly stay tuned on this forum, where els can i find so manny kind and helpfull strangers wink

As soon i have been convinced that i absolutly love the Axiom speakers, i will be proud to represent Axiom in denmark.

Death metal? cant stand it.. Btw, you are welcom laugh
Jailbreaker have kinda always been my online alias, so sorry to disapoint those of you that would have liked a more exiting reality smile
(Klaus K)

Im not sure i warna try to screem at a svede, they can have a nasty tember, but it seems that i get my will anyway, my speakers is as of now back in denmark laugh

Yes i thinkl i will have a blast with my new stuff, or maby my naboes will wink (i have never realy talked to him, fingers X that he is def)

Blue Van, i dident even know that such a band existed, but i looked it up, so maby i should listen to it, just to find out if you are for rearl, or just pulling my chain.
(Not ment as an insult)..

Edit: Forgot to mention, my danish is pretty darn good wink

Ill be back soon, cheers

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 09:29 PM
I'll bet you $100/US that your English is better than my Danish.... grin
Posted By: Adrian Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 09:31 PM
Unless it's a cinnamon Danish. Those are good.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 09:31 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I'll bet you $100/US that your English is better than my Danish.... grin

Now you're just making me hungry for a danish.
Posted By: BobKay Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 09:55 PM
Cool, Klaus! See, I can spell it! Wait a couple of weeks and we'll tally up the people who can't.

Yes, Blue Van are real and they are your "homies."
Very direct rock & roll. As for me, I am real. Everybody's question is if I am for real.
Jury's "split," 10 to 2.
Posted By: Argon Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 10:07 PM
Maybe BBiggy is Danish? I don't think we ever determined his ancestry?
Posted By: Kruncher Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 11:11 PM
Velkommen til Axiom bånd af oprørere, Klaus.

No, I don't speak the language, but Google Translate is my friend. grin

Nice to have you along for the ride!
Posted By: BobKay Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 11:21 PM
Honestly, Rob, I don't think "he" even knows it, but I've never stopped thinking, from the get go, that it looks like written English from a central African cab driver who has been in N. America for, oh, about 4 years. I think "he" thinks it's eastern European or Russian.

I retract that. I actually believe that he has no specific foreign language in mind. One trick ponies usually aren't that sophisticated. (I hope I've pissed him off and he appears.)
xxoo,
BlobKay
Posted By: BobKay Re: New to Axiom - 03/07/12 11:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Kruncher
Velkommen til Axiom bånd af oprørere, Klaus.

No, I don't speak the language, but Google Translate is my friend. grin

Nice to have you along for the ride!

That's pretty cool the way you got all those things in there that aren't real letters.
Posted By: Argon Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 12:17 AM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Honestly, Rob, I don't think "he" even knows it, but I've never stopped thinking, from the get go, that it looks like written English from a central African cab driver who has been in N. America for, oh, about 4 years. I think "he" thinks it's eastern European or Russian.

I retract that. I actually believe that he has no specific foreign language in mind. One trick ponies usually aren't that sophisticated. (I hope I've pissed him off and he appears.)
xxoo,
BlobKay

There's a concept. A truly amorphous human with no concept of his origin.
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 11:27 AM
So, now my speakers have arrived.
i just finnished to setup the m80s, made a little sound test with the Drum lab cd.
Do i need to say, IM BLOWN AWAY!!!
So far i think that the 3d sound stage of the m80s are verry good, but what realy makes me warna jump is the representation of the violent kick drum, that realy kicks my chest..

Now ill continue to unpack my center and surrounds, i cant wait to put on transfomers 3, said to have the verry best surround effeks to date laugh
Cheers, Klaus

Ps. I høre fra mig senere :P
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 12:03 PM
See? We told you!

And the worst that resulted from the detour is that your speakers might smell a little of Lutefisk!
Posted By: J. B. Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 12:06 PM
Quote: Do i need to say, I'M BLOWN AWAY!!!

I'm not surprised, everyone always says the same thing.
Posted By: Argon Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 12:21 PM
Originally Posted By: J. B.
Quote: Do i need to say, I'M BLOWN AWAY!!!

I'm not surprised, everyone always says the same thing.

That proves it - it's universal.

Transformers 3 is a Low Frequency Fest - with a little eye candy throw in.
Posted By: Murph Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 12:45 PM
Gratz JailBreaker!!
Don't forget some pictures along with more reviews once everything gets settled into place.
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 01:35 PM
Ok so now i have finished setting up all speakers, i even have taken some pics you can look at,
(pics comming)

i have run audysses on my marantz, and listen to some music (classical jazz)
And yes you know it, sounds so pure, i like the way the bass mid and highs just melt in to complete image..
Yes my jamos are good, but compared to the axioms they suck.

I never heard a bose system sound that good wink

To be continued..
Posted By: BobKay Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
See? We told you!

And the worst that resulted from the detour is that your speakers might smell a little of Lutefisk!

...or like Tom!
Posted By: BobKay Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 02:04 PM
Klaus, I can't believe no one's asked yet, but what are you wearing.

No, that's wrong. I meant, what are you using to power your shiny new Axioms?

Edit: Sorry. Just saw "Marantz" in your last post.
So, what are you wearing?
Posted By: J. B. Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 02:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Jailbreaker
Ok so now i have finished setting up all speakers, i even have taken some pics you can look at,
(pics comming)

i have run audysses on my marantz, and listen to some music (classical jazz)
And yes you know it, sounds so pure, i like the way the bass mid and highs just melt in to complete image..
Yes my jamos are good, but compared to the axioms they suck.

I never heard a bose system sound that good wink

To be continued..

i see that you don't use the same terms as Alan in your evaluation.
Alan is a diplomat and you're a vikingr; that might be the cause.
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 02:23 PM
Yes the viking part is defenetly true wink

Btw, im not wering a pointy helmet..

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=369032#comments
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 05:11 PM
Wonderful! Enjoy!
Posted By: INANE Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 07:17 PM
I can't wait to get (maybe) some M80's! Glad you're enjoying yours!
Posted By: Jailbreaker Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 10:54 PM
This evening i had a friend ower for a listen, we watched a danish cartoon called Ronald the barbarian
(there are no great effects, but its reall fun)
after that we watched Avatar, and we also listened to some music.

My friends comment was, I WARNT SOME!!
but sadly hes girlfriend will not aprove frown

Btw, tell me again, why do i need a sw?
The m80s perform so nice bass is deep and punchy, what more is teher to wish for? wink
I have said before (or have i?) and ill say it again, You Axiom employees, Hats off to you, GREAT JOB!!

Cheers, Klaus
Posted By: Kruncher Re: New to Axiom - 03/08/12 11:46 PM
I'm pleased to hear that you're very happy with your new M80's. This is not a surprise to us, which is good.

While I understand that the bass response of the M80s is very good, particularly for most music, it's when watching movies that you would get the most benefit from a good subwoofer. Movies such as Avatar include very low frequency sounds that even the M80s cannot reproduce, and it's those sounds that you feel more than you hear that really pull you into the experience of what's happening on screen.

Adding a subwoofer is highly recommended for this reason. As well, the other speakers will likely sound better to you when you direct the lower musical frequencies to a subwoofer. This essentially "frees" the other speakers from trying to produce those lower sounds, which is difficult for some speakers, and allows them to handle only what they can.

Adding a sub has many benefits for any system.

Just know that those lower frequencies tend to travel further, so make sure that your neighbors are invited to your party once in a while.
Posted By: Adrian Re: New to Axiom - 03/09/12 12:32 AM
Also, using a sub also frees up the amplifier to run the other speakers since the sub has it's own amp.
Posted By: davidsch Re: New to Axiom - 03/09/12 12:30 PM
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new speakers! I have enjoyed mine for nine years now.
© Axiom Message Boards