Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fhw anyone had a receiver digital input fail? - 04/18/12 02:08 AM
Hey all.

So we moved the HT hardware around while doing some basement renos, and reconnected everything. I use a 10 year old Arcam AVR 100 (that admittedly owes me nothing at this point). All of a sudden, none of the digital inputs will work, irrespective of source (cable vs. bluray, Optical vs. coax). Analog audio seems to work fine, and there is sound coming out of the speakers when I test it with analog.

Anyone had this experience with a receiver before? Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks
Posted By: JohnK Re: anyone had a receiver digital input fail? - 04/18/12 02:22 AM
Frank, no I haven't run into that or even read about all the digital inputs being affected. Since analog is fine, it would seem that the problem is converting digital to analog, i.e. that somehow the moving damaged the DAC circuitry.
I'm sure you checked this but did you go into the setup menu and make sure you have the digital assignments turned on for each input.
Posted By: fhw Re: anyone had a receiver digital input fail? - 04/19/12 01:44 AM
Weird, weird, weird. I've triple-checked. It's definitely only an issue with the digital inputs, and all three (2 coax, 1 optical) appear to be shot. Worked fine last week.

I may open it up to see if there's anything obvious. Really don't want to blow another 600-1000 on a new unit.
Posted By: fhw Re: anyone had a receiver digital input fail? - 04/19/12 03:10 AM
Didn't even get the chance to open it...now it's really toast. Sigh...time to go toy shopping again
© Axiom Message Boards