Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Seekinganswers Hello - 04/19/12 08:50 AM
Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have been doing any reading on audio related forums but I decided to start back up and catch up on lost time. It was unfortunate that I came back at a bad time because I read on Bluray.com and here about all the commotion and negativity directed at Axiom. I am glad everything has settled down and Axiom is back in tip-top shape.

I have been and am still drooling over Axiom's flagship speakers (sans subwoofers). I just keep telling myself how great it would be to own them one day. I have, however, decided not to pursue that dream until later on when I have a single family home and I can build my own dedicated home theater room.

With all that said, I just wanted to share what my current system is like with a picture taken with my camera phone when I first moved in. I am hoping everyone here can accept an outsider for now =).

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb35...nt=IMAG0326.jpg
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hello - 04/19/12 12:25 PM
Nice looking set up, Seekinganswers! My journey into this audio hobby began with some Energy C2 bookshelf speakers.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Hello - 04/19/12 12:31 PM
Seeeking, welcome back! Nice setup you have there!

Be careful about saying that you want Axiom's flagship speakers..... they've upped the ante since you've been here last! smile
Posted By: 1sweetspot Re: Hello - 04/19/12 12:54 PM
Looks good! Strangely similar to one of my surround set ups. I really like my RC's too. Energy was founded on similar principles as Axiom and based on the same research. Welcome back.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hello - 04/19/12 12:57 PM
In fact, Energy's premier engineer, Andrew Welker, now works at Axiom!
Posted By: J. B. Re: Hello - 04/19/12 05:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
In fact, Energy's premier engineer, Andrew Welker, now works at Axiom!

i did not know that. maybe he worked on the design of my former speakers, Energy 22 Reference.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Hello - 04/19/12 06:16 PM
He designed the Mirage OMD's as well as a number of Energy's speakers, afaik.
Posted By: alan Re: Hello - 04/19/12 09:07 PM
Hi,

The Energy 22 and 22 Reference were designed by Winslow Burhoe, an American speaker engineer who came to Toronto and worked for Energy/API for a time. He had previously designed some quite good speakers for Genesis in the US. (not the current Genesis, which is a very different company).

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: J. B. Re: Hello - 04/19/12 09:18 PM
i thought that Burhoe had only designed the tweeter;
it's foggy in my mind, too long ago...

when i got the Axiom speakers, i gave my 22 Reference to a friend who says he likes them a lot.

thanks alan. :-)
Posted By: alan Re: Hello - 04/20/12 01:37 PM
Hi,

No, Win Burhoe was hired by George Baker and Howard Heiber to develop the 22. After Baker (a marketing guru) left API, Burhoe designed the Nuance speaker line for George. In its early years, API absorbed Paisley Loudspeakers and Mirage, and Ian Paisley and other engineers joined API, including Kevin Voecks, who later developed the Revel speaker line for Harman. Later models of Energy speakers--the large floorstanding Energy Veritas models--were designed by John Tchillinguerian.

Other brands were added to the API family and other enegineers came onboard.

Winslow Burhoe is still in the speaker industry. He worked for Acoustic Research founder and speaker pioneer Edgar Villchur (inventor of the acoustic-suspension woofer) as an apprentice and then helped develop the EPI line.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: J. B. Re: Hello - 04/20/12 01:45 PM
thanks a lot for the info, Alan.
have a good day. :-)
© Axiom Message Boards