Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Shoie Two subs and audyssey... - 06/26/12 01:49 PM
Any ideas on how to properly run a version of audyssey that can only calibrate one sub using two? Do I leave the second sub unplugged while it's running? Also, how does the "sub crawl" work with two subs? Thanks
Posted By: Clovis Re: Two subs and audyssey... - 06/26/12 02:53 PM
Are the sub woofers identical? Hopefully they are. I used two subs before Audyssey came along but since they weren't identical it meant the better one did most of the work, but I did miss the subtle bass of the other sub. I didn't do the sub woofer crawl procedure... I just placed them in separate corners.
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: Two subs and audyssey... - 06/26/12 09:34 PM
There's a good write up here at Audioholics about dual sub set up and calibration.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Two subs and audyssey... - 06/27/12 03:08 AM
It can be done. The two subs have to be the identical distance from the mic to give you the best results. Also, since earlier versions of Audyssey won't calibrate them independently, you need to run preliminary test tones using an spl meter, to get the gain on each sub exact. Turn one off, calibrate the other, turn that one off, calibrate the first one.

It works great for my twin 350's, but when I throw in the ep600 (yes 3 subs) the DSP messes up the distance measurement. So, I only run Audyssey for my 350's which are up front, with matching distanced and dB level. I also adjust my ep600, which is in the back of the room, to have the same spl on the meter, as the front 350's combined. Sounds pretty killer.

To confirm, the ep600 is not turned on while running the Audyssey sweeps.
Posted By: Shoie Re: Two subs and audyssey... - 06/27/12 10:50 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Two subs and audyssey... - 06/28/12 01:15 AM
Michael, you should also study the Audioholics info that Joe linked, which is quite good for the most part. Basically, the problem is that most receivers, including most "7.2" models have only one sub output internal circuit and can't make different distance and level settings(if needed)for two connected subs. So, that should be done manually before running Audyssey room EQ. Then Audyssey EQ can be run with the two subs operating simultaneously.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Two subs and audyssey... - 06/28/12 02:39 AM
Sure John.... Don't send him off to the 1,000 page thread.............. wink
Posted By: JohnK Re: Two subs and audyssey... - 06/28/12 03:15 AM
Alex, does this imply that you still haven't made it through the 1000 pages?
Posted By: dakkon Re: Two subs and audyssey... - 06/28/12 03:28 AM
im on page 469.... GRrrrr.. crazy

No, not really... I am just waiting to get a processor with audyssey, then i will just bug the crap out of you wink
© Axiom Message Boards