Axiom Home Page
Posted By: brwsaw Correct spacing - 10/29/12 09:19 PM
I'm looking at many options and I'm currently thinking 3 M22's angled up at the listener on custom 4"-6" stands across the front with the center woofer targeted at the 40" high sweet spot will meet my needs perfectly (I want the center to fit below the TV and the wife wants as much window exposed as possible).
That said I will end up with 2-24" high AV stands between the M22's with approx 6" on each side if each stand.
I preffer the appearance of enclosed AV stands and I will be adding a backer board between them and a solid top to set the TV on which will make them look like one unit.
I'm open to suggestions and hoping for feedback pro and con.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Correct spacing - 10/30/12 12:19 AM
It wasn't until I drew this on paper that I realized people in seats 3 and 4 will have sound coming from below their footrests.
Not many people watch movies here but I think I'll review this some more.
Posted By: Murph Re: Correct spacing - 10/30/12 11:17 AM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
It wasn't until I drew this on paper that I realized people in seats 3 and 4 will have sound coming from below their footrests.

A good idea if you are watching Happyfeet.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Correct spacing - 10/30/12 12:23 PM
Watching Happyfeet or Creating Happyfeet?
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Correct spacing - 10/31/12 02:20 AM
I'm redrawing for M22's.
12" stands, angled up, still accomplish the same goals.
Stay tuned. Crude drawings to follow.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Correct spacing - 10/31/12 04:23 AM
If I use open shelves will it eliminate the coloring?
Posted By: alan Re: Correct spacing - 10/31/12 01:17 PM
Hi,

If by "open shelves" you mean the shelf has no surrounding cabinetry above or to the sides of the speaker, then there will be no coloration of the sound.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Correct spacing - 10/31/12 03:13 PM
Sounds like a deal.

Punn intended.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Correct spacing - 11/02/12 05:45 AM
I can't find a design that works for what I want so I'm going to price out materials and have one built.
The question is should I use glass, real wood, or stone for an open shelve design?
I'll probably end up using one or more of these in the same unit, either as shelves or uprights.
Thick black glass shelves should give a unique look. Its going to be short but will have 3 shallow shelves and one tall at the bottom per side.
© Axiom Message Boards