Axiom Home Page
Posted By: J. B. Disney WOW - 11/13/12 01:34 PM
Interesting reading on the subject can be found on this short thread
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438714/disney-wow-questions-support
Posted By: Murph Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 01:51 PM
Interesting until the supposed "official Disney Guy" recommends the Mapleshade store in his top 5 improvement list.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 02:29 PM
I'm with you, Murph.
Posted By: Boltron Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 02:31 PM
I had a good laugh.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By: J. B.
Interesting reading on the subject can be found on this short thread
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438714/disney-wow-questions-support

I agree with the majority of things the Disney rep has to say with the largest exception of interconnects making a huge difference. In this case for me going from BJC to Mapleshade. I have never been fond of auto calibration and equalization systems myself.

On the other hand the Mapleshade recordings can make a HUGE difference in the sound quality coming from your system.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 03:27 PM
I did not read the thread, but I own WoW and I like it a lot. Especially before I had an ht receiver it was great because I could configure the test tones to match the number of speakers I have.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 03:57 PM
Monoprice.com has an odd little Disney WOW package with screen cleaning fluid, a cloth, two HDMI cables, and the disc of course.
Posted By: Murph Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1
In this case for me going from BJC to Mapleshade. I have never been fond of auto calibration and equalization systems myself.

On the other hand the Mapleshade recordings can make a HUGE difference in the sound quality coming from your system.

FYI I was referrring to the Disney poster's link to the Mapleshade Store . I have no idea if Mapleshade records has any affiliation to the store but just wanted to let you know I wasn't dissing anybody's recordings. Just the majority of overpriced gadgetry that Mapleshade Store sells.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 05:51 PM
From Mapleshade store's subwoofer advice page:

Quote:
• Always fire the subwoofer driver left or right, not directly at you or down into the floor. If the subwoofer is off center, then test left-facing versus right-facing to see which sounds better. If your subwoofer is designed to fire down, set it on its side with the driver facing left or right. Be sure to rigidly mount it to the floor or platform as per the second bullet below. You’ll love the increase in bass articulation and clarity.

Gotta love it.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Disney WOW - 11/13/12 08:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Kruncher
Monoprice.com has an odd little Disney WOW package with screen cleaning fluid, a cloth, two HDMI cables, and the disc of course.

I wish Monoprice just sold the calibration disk. I don't need all that other crap. I might just try it anyways...curious about the video calibration.
Posted By: INANE Re: Disney WOW - 11/14/12 05:22 AM
It's cheaper on Amazon in a 1 disk or 2 disk set
© Axiom Message Boards