Axiom Home Page
Posted By: twopecker Why didnt I go front projection earlier?! - 08/24/03 01:57 PM
Finally got my projector in and setup. It is wonderful, I wish I would have gone front projection a long time ago. Here are a few pictures of the setup I took this morning. I will try to get a few more tonight when it is totally dark out. I have a blackout curtain on the way too, so hopefully that will make daytime viewing much more enjoyable.

Thanks to Sushi and Saturn for all your help!

Boxlight Matinee 1HD
Posted By: Saturn Re: Why didnt I go front projection earlier?! - 08/24/03 02:41 PM
Nice screen setup. Is that a DIY screen?
You'll love your Z1. It completes your Axiom system.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Why didnt I go front projection earlier?! - 08/24/03 02:44 PM
Only in the last 1.5-2 years has the prices dropped with quality that rivals other viewing products. Front projection in the last 3-8 years were in the price range that most could not justify.
Yes, that is a DIY screen. 1'x3" frame wrapped in velveteen and I stretched blackout fabric across it. I am very happy with it for now (Since I have not seen what a high quality one in my setup would look like). It cost under $50 to make as well (got a great deal on the fabric, a joann fabrics store is going out of business by me....fabric was 70%off)

The size is 78"x44", which puts it 1.5 times away from the viewing position. I do see the screen door pattern occassionally, it doesnt bother me or anyone who has seen it though. Once I get it to the movie, I dont notice it. Anyone who comes over doesnt notice it, and if they do, think its supposed to be there =). Im sure its just like the rainbows w/ the x1's...ignorance is bliss. I never saw a rainbow until I started looking.

Posted By: sushi Re: Why didnt I go front projection earlier?! - 08/25/03 01:48 AM
Well done! -- Especially the screen!! I also like that little projector mount. Is it a Vogel's?

Congrats, Marcus.
Sushi:

I forgot the brand name of the mount. It is the brand that can be purchased at at Lowe's Home Center.

Its a pretty neat little mount for the projector. Just a brack that attaches to the wall, and two bards that come out in a "V" shape. I just put two 1/4" slats of oak across it, one underneath the front legs, one under the back. Great airflow around the whole unit...hopefully my bulb will last =)
© Axiom Message Boards