Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sonicfox 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 11/30/12 09:28 PM
Hi guys! smile My brother recently got a 3D tv and my sister-in-law is buying him a 3D Blu-ray player for Christmas. Well, they need 3D movies now, so I'm wondering if you guys have any favorites that stand out...pun intended! grin IMAX movies? They should be family oriented as well.

Thanks!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/01/12 12:39 AM
Originally Posted By: sonicfox
Well, they need 3D movies now, so I'm wondering if you guys have any favorites that stand out...pun intended!

Oddly, i had to think about that for a minute.
Posted By: 1sweetspot Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/01/12 01:07 AM
Avatar of course, Tintin, Resident Evil 4 are some of my favorites.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/01/12 03:03 PM
Hi Mary!
The only thing I've seen on my LG 3D model is The Lion King. I'm not really "into" 3D, but wanted to buy one to try when I got the TV.

It added a bit of a "fun" factor, but of course, it wasn't planned as a 3D movie. I think any movie that originates as a 3D concept is likely to make better use of the 3D effect. I chose it anyway, because Joyce always loved that movie and we never even got it on DVD... so we weren't duplicating a library item.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/01/12 09:07 PM
I calibrated a 3D plasma this past week, the only disc I had in my collection that included a 3D copy was Prometheus. It looked pretty good (I've heard it's considered to be up there with Avatar), but still didn't sell me on the idea.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/05/12 08:59 PM
I think I'm gonna go with an IMAX film. Mostly, they are interesting enough for the entire family to enjoy, and they are filmed for 3D.
Posted By: duckman Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/08/12 04:52 PM
I have Imax under the sea. Of the few 3d discs I have it's the best use of the technology. Having said that, I didn't make it to the end of the disc.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/09/12 02:48 AM
I use that 3d under the sea as my demo disc when I have limited time for it. Good 3d effects and easy on the eyes.

I've got about 35 3d discs now and would have a hard time deciding which I like the best because they all have some problems. Some better and worse than others. One I really like is Titanic.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/09/12 03:53 PM
Another vote for avatar
Posted By: blastermaster Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/09/12 04:15 PM
Potato cod scene in Under the Sea is great, but I don't find the rest of the show easy on the eyes at all. For cartoons, I really like the Guardians of Gahoole, as well as Christmas Carol in terms of really good 3D. Transformers 3 was a well done 3D movie if you're not a fan of Avatar. If you want gimmicky popout stuff, the Final Destination movies have plenty.
Posted By: cdot2four Re: 3D Blu-ray recommendations - 12/10/12 07:24 AM
Finding Nemo is by far the best thing I have seen. That goes for 3D, bluray and pretty much anything.
© Axiom Message Boards