Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jmai22 What to buy next? - 08/25/03 04:55 AM
Ok, I just ordered a pair of Axiom M40ti's. And this will go with my Harman Kardon Avr 225 reciever. What is the next thing i need to buy? Should i buy Sub or center channel next?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: What to buy next? - 08/25/03 05:01 AM
That depends on what you do with your system more -- watch movies or listen to music. While I think a sub will make the most difference regardless of your habits, if you watch a lot more movies than listen to music, I think you should get the center. Anchoring that dialog to your screen will make the voices much clearer. An it's always nice to hear the voices.

Then again, if you watch a lot of movies that would benefit from a subwoofer, then getting that first makes the most sense.

My vote? Get a sub.
Posted By: jmai22 Re: What to buy next? - 08/25/03 05:05 AM
ah, thanks for your reply. I haven't recieved my M40's yet(tommorow) but i was thinking the m40 should have enough base for now, and was thinking of purchasing a center channel. ahh. i'm soo confused. lol. thanks
Posted By: Zarak Re: What to buy next? - 08/25/03 12:09 PM
I'd say sub...you can phantom center until you get one.
Posted By: Pinoy Re: What to buy next? - 08/25/03 04:19 PM
I choose sub too.
Posted By: MIKEY Re: What to buy next? - 08/25/03 06:35 PM
Dude, your bio is blank ? Give us some info on you and/or your likes and dislikes.. Are you a movie freak, or a musicaholic, etc..
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: What to buy next? - 08/25/03 07:27 PM
Sub is always a great addition, for movies and music.

if you're going to get to HT soon, get some QS8's asap
Posted By: JohnK Re: What to buy next? - 08/25/03 10:23 PM
Since your 225 has good surround provisions and the M40 has good bass(although a good sub will be still better),and the center can at least temporarily be filled with the M40s in "phantom" mode, the next buy should be surrounds(preferably QS8s)to fill the biggest gap in your equipment.
© Axiom Message Boards