Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pinger Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/17/13 03:59 PM
Gaa.. I am now no longer a fan of fedex.. or the Weather ... First my speakers were supposed to be here Thursday... then it was Friday.. Now it's not till Monday.. I have to wait the whole weekend.. I was really looking forward to not doing anything but play with my home theater setup this weekend.. Oh wellz.. If only fedex could teleport the speaker to me smile
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/17/13 04:58 PM
My QS8, I ordered recently just left Syracuse, NY enroute to Kansas City, MO. Should be here Monday.
Posted By: Murph Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/17/13 06:53 PM
A friend at work just tracked down a parcel of T-Shirts she had sent here from a company in California. They are in Germany!!

Not bad, they only missed by an entire ocean.
Posted By: colson79 Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/17/13 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: pinger
Gaa.. I am now no longer a fan of fedex.. or the Weather ... First my speakers were supposed to be here Thursday... then it was Friday.. Now it's not till Monday.. I have to wait the whole weekend.. I was really looking forward to not doing anything but play with my home theater setup this weekend.. Oh wellz.. If only fedex could teleport the speaker to me smile

At least you know they are on the way. What did you get?
Posted By: pinger Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/17/13 09:57 PM
I got VP150 In-Cabinet Center Channel(I even built a cabinet already), The M-22 onwall, and qs4's... It's going to rock.. My current home theater speakers are a bunch of KLH speakers I got 20 years ago in jr high.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/18/13 12:12 AM
I've had some KLH stuff back in the day, nice stuff. Do you have a sub? That will really help in the low end where the onwalls will be lacking..
Posted By: pinger Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/18/13 12:51 AM
Yea. I picked up a BIC America F12 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015A8...;pf_rd_i=507846

for now. It will be upgraded at some point... next year I would guess. Anyway, I think it should help for now.
Posted By: Artisan Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/19/13 12:58 AM
I ordered custom wood M60s over three weeks ago.

Before they actually finish and ship them, Axiom first sends a sample of the finish for the customer to evaluate. Once the sample is evaluated, the customer contacts Axiom to let them know to finish the speakers and ship them.

So I ordered the wrong finish, received the wrong finish, and now am waiting on the correct finish to show up on Tuesday so that I can call and confirm.

The wait is agonizing, and just short of unbearable. How I wish I had paid closer attention during the ordering process.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/19/13 01:15 AM
This is how we learn patience. My M80's were sent ground by mistake, and grey hound misplaced one of them for a few days to add to the misery. I was crazy mad LOL so I feel your pain.
Posted By: pinger Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/21/13 03:56 AM
Well, according to fedex they should be here tomorrow. So the high tomorrow in Minneapolis is -5. So at least I will have something to do inside. Anyway, I am guessing I should let the speakers warm up. Anything else I should do so I don't damage them because of the cold?
Posted By: Amie Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/21/13 11:17 PM
Bah, those are Canadian speakers! The won't think -5 is cold! {grin}
Posted By: minorc Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/22/13 02:57 PM
Gotta love next day delivery... being 2 hours away from their shop.
Posted By: minorc Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/22/13 02:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Amie
Bah, those are Canadian speakers! The won't think -5 is cold! {grin}

It's -30 today, what are you talking about!
Posted By: Hansang Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/22/13 04:13 PM
After having lived in Omaha, NE (where it can get pretty cold) I said "I don't want to live anywhere where if my car dies, I can die too!" smile
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/22/13 04:20 PM
To me +20 degrees F. is cold enough.

My last QS8 for my 6.1 setup is due to be delivered today. smile

Actually it'll seem more like a 4.1 plus. Since the 2 surrounds are forward placed speakers.
Posted By: pinger Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/22/13 06:36 PM
Meh.. -5 is not so bad... It's not like you are going outside in shorts.. you have to wait till it hits ~40 before that happens.

Anyway.. I got the speakers yesterday and I got the speakers mostly installed last night. I did not get to really try them out very much. I have a 8 month old baby he was asleep. but so far... nice.. My only criticism so far of the speakers is the Hex key/ Allen wrench the speakers came with.. Total crap.. I could not the mounts on the qs4's to work till I went and got a different one.. but once I figured that out, all went very well.
Posted By: Amie Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/22/13 09:14 PM
Sorry to hear about the Allen key trouble! Was it too small or too slender?
Posted By: pinger Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/24/13 03:36 AM
Not 100% sure. I think it was the right size, but they just broke down so fast. They ended up not turning the screws. Anyway, it was not a big deal I had a set in my tool box.
Posted By: Mad_Chesser Re: Waiting is the hardest part..... - 01/25/13 11:36 PM
you got that right...waiting IS the hardest part ever.
© Axiom Message Boards