Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dakkon THX calibration app for the iphone.... - 01/29/13 11:00 PM
I thought some of you may find this interesting. it calibrates both video as well as audio.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/29/thx-...-sound-systems/
Posted By: jakewash Re: THX calibration app for the iphone.... - 01/30/13 03:20 AM
Interesting, but as one comment on the site noted you now have to buy an Apple cable for it to work effectively, but still cheaper than a pro calibration.
Posted By: cb919 Re: THX calibration app for the iphone.... - 02/02/13 01:36 PM
Hey, cool info. I just got a new iPad delivered (ordered it with some hotel points) and am setting it up this morning. I saw this app as I was getting Netflix for my daughter but skipped over it. Knowing that it's only free for a week I am going back to get it as soon as I can shut Dora down on Netflix!
App worked as advertised though I feel it put a little too much color in the picture so i turned that down just a touch. Overall i feel my picture quality is greatly improved from the "cinema" setting on my panny. I am sure a pro calibration would be much better but for free I can't beat it. I use audyssey for audio so not going to throw the 50 bucks for a cable. If anyone does try the audio feature please let us know your results.
© Axiom Message Boards