Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sushi RPTVs, Plasmas, and FPs - Screenshots! - 08/30/03 05:45 AM
Okay, here is a thread where folks post screenshots from their beloved dispay devices!

I kick start with my own! Here is one of the early scenes from "Le Peuple Migrateur" that I bought a while ago following Johnny_Be_Good's recommendation. Thanks, Johnny! And yes, I definitely recommend this movie for anybody who needs some soothing, beautiful images/music.

Again, my projector is the Yamaha LPX-500, projecting onto the Da-Lite High Power screen (120"-diagonal). Screenshot was taken with the Olympus C-4040 digicam. No image processing except for trimming.

To be continued... (hopefully)
Posted By: twopecker Re: RPTVs, Plasmas, and FPs - Screenshots! - 08/30/03 02:43 PM
Sushi: may I make a suggestion here:

maybe if we posted an uncropped image of the screen, say in its natural environment, we would get a better idea what it really looks like in room (as much as you can from a digial camera anyways).

Also, to be fair, maybe us FP guys should post a pic in the dark, and with some ambient light. Sadly, you need to show the weakness of FP as well so ppl know what they're getting into.
Posted By: sushi Re: RPTVs, Plasmas, and FPs - Screenshots! - 08/30/03 08:12 PM
I agree. Good idea.

FYI, in the photo I posted above, everything outside the screen mask was just as pitch black as the borders shown (except for LED lights from my electronics here and there) at this exposure. I can always over-expose the picture to show the surroundings, though.
© Axiom Message Boards