Axiom Home Page
I have some QS4s that I am using as rear surrounds. Currently they just sit on top of bookcases that hold my DVDs in the back of the room firing straight out at 7ft height. I thought to buy a stand that I can screw to the top of the book case and the back for the QS4 on some kind of eyeball joint so I can aim them downward to the listening area. Anyone have any ideas on this type of mount, or is the way I currently have it fine and its a waste of money

tks
Are they sitting on the bottom woofer?
No actually they are sitting on their side, so one tweeter is firing downwards, one up to the ceiling the the woofer off to the side
If you can't mount them on the wall, I'd run a board up the back of the bookcase so that it extends above the bookcase top, and use the included wall-mounting hardware.
speakers woofer end up firing a few inches for the top of the bookcase, should I flip them over and aim the woofer upwards? Will firing the tweeters straight out along the ceiling (the speaker itself would be only a few inches from the ceiling) affect their rear surround mission?
There are woofers on the top and the bottom.

It sounds like you don't have much room.

I think I'd need a picture to advise you further, but I think you should try to use them in their proper orientation (woofers on top and bottom).
© Axiom Message Boards