Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Nightmare Begins - 02/07/14 10:55 PM
Heres what im starting with,hopefully it looks better when I get it torn down and reassembled.

Making room for new equipment. yuck
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/07/14 11:14 PM
wow
Posted By: onn Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 12:44 AM
That doesn't look too bad. shocked
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 12:49 AM
OMG!! Mine wasn't quite that complicated, but it certainly was as messy...

TAM
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 01:59 AM
Organizing wires is FUTILE. It looks a bit better and I cleaned so I feel better.

Front

Posted By: Argon Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 03:03 AM
Dude! That wasn't cord sex - that was an orgy. Fall of the Roman Empire type orgy.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 05:35 AM
Where's the after picture?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 06:46 AM
Tomorrow, had movies to watch and give the new amp a test.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 08:28 AM
Quick shot of the back

I hate renting, I could really use a dedicated outlet back there.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 05:20 PM
Side by side components definitely make it tougher.
I lucked out with my last stand, there were cross members I could zip tie to so I could keep power with power, speaker cable dropped straight down, misc/comm wires were ran together.
Remember the "you should see my wires" comment and the "ummm no" comment about a year ago.
Too funny.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 07:06 PM
It may not look like it but it is much more organized now , the idea was to get components on one side and the receiver on the other, that way the cables could lay flat going from side to side and not have to be tied in bundles. You are correct, a vertical rack definetly helps. At this point I can pull out the stand and not have cables disconnecting which is a plus. There is a wood spine with metal support going up the back and I will be putting a thin bar on it to tie some power cables to. I also have some of the convolute tubing at work I will try, though im not sure I will like the look.At this point it cant be seen from the front so that's a good thing.

Richard
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 07:12 PM
I like the before and after, wish more people would post theirs.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/08/14 07:21 PM
I meant to take a pic before I pushed the unit back but I had someone there to help push it back so I took advantage. If or when I finish up I will take another pic. The Emo 5 channel weighs 82lbs alone , so the rack is getting damn heavy.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/10/14 01:09 AM
Just an FYI, most probly know this but when I was organizing my mess , I found a blower dryer to be a huge help to get the wires to behave.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/10/14 05:14 PM
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/10/14 11:14 PM

You should plug in that white powerstrip plug snugly! smile
Posted By: Murph Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/11/14 05:21 PM
I came across an box of multi-sized "binder thingies" in a "We're throwing this stuff out so have at it." pile at work. The kind where you needed a hole punch that made about 50 of those square holes and you if you didn't have a machine, you had to take your time to work the pages into them all.

I don't think anybody has the patience to use them anymore but they make wonderful wire binders if you have various sizes to play with like I did.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Nightmare Begins - 02/11/14 08:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Organizing wires is FUTILE. It looks a bit better and I cleaned so I feel better.

I agree.
My computer wires are bundled just to get them off the floor so i can vacuum under the desk but when it comes to a/v cables, there's too many things running in too many directions with different wire lengths. It takes hours to plan it all out and if all this is behind the system anyway, what's the visual point?

At most these days i coil up really long extra bits but that's about it.
© Axiom Message Boards