Axiom Home Page
Posted By: exlabdriver Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/08/14 06:15 PM
Interesting discussion here - Post #285+ :

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1464107/new-official-axiom-audio-speaker-owners-thread/270#post_24329451

Is it the same tweeter under a different faceplate? Unlike the OP, I kinda like the looks of it...

TAM
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/08/14 06:30 PM
I'm hoping Ian will confirm how they are different, if they are just in the 4's etc...
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/08/14 07:01 PM
You guys get up to early , damn you. smile
Posted By: JBG Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/08/14 11:30 PM
The only difference is the plastic cover for the tweeter (cosmetic change only), the tweeter remains the same.

Posted By: JohnK Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/09/14 02:39 AM
It's unclear that the plastic screen shown should be described as "cosmetic only". The structure in front of the dome of present(past?)Axiom tweeters isn't just to protect the dome from damage, although it does significantly help accomplish that. It's a diffuser which promotes smoother and wider high frequency response.

It can't be seen in the picture if there's something else behind the screen to accomplish this. A comment from Axiom might be helpful.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/09/14 03:32 AM
Interesting
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/09/14 08:01 AM
With the 'Quadpolar' configuration of the QS models firing sounds in several directions... 'to provide unprecedented envelopment for all listeners'..., would the sonic effects of a diffuser even be required or desireable?

Just wondering...

TAM
Posted By: Ian Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/09/14 01:57 PM
Hi John,

This new tweeter does have the diffuser. It is held in place by the screen but since it is clear it is hard to see.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/10/14 02:54 AM
Thanks, Ian.

Yes, following Ian's suggestion of what to look for, something is seen which might have been thought to be just part of the dome, but is actually a transparent diffuser.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Revised QS Tweeters? - 02/10/14 07:34 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, I haven't opened my towers yet.
Are the tweeters limited to the QS4's?
© Axiom Message Boards