Axiom Home Page
Posted By: docburch55 Subwoofer placement in confined area - 02/25/14 03:27 AM
Hello All.

I was hoping that someone could help me out with the placement of my EP350. I am the proud owner of the Epic Grand Master 350 series. I am in the final stages of the home theater build and am having concerns on where to place the EP350. I have constructed a false wall for the screen wall in order to place the front and center channels behind an ATS (Acoustically Transparent screen.)
However the EP350 is a behemoth of a sub and I originally had planned on placing it just in front of the screen. I can still do this but it backs right up to the front row of seating due to space constraints. And with all the other speakers behind an ATS, the sub placement looks unsightly.
So now that you have the back story. I was wondering if it's possible to place the sub behind the wall with the front channels? Unfortunately this blog doesn't allow you to post pictures or else I would post some
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Subwoofer placement in confined area - 02/25/14 03:36 AM
If you have pics on sites like photobucket, as an example, you can place the image tag in your post to show us the picture.... There is also a Gallery section at the bottom of the main forum where you can upload a picture...

Not sure I understand when you say it backs up to the front row if placed in front of the screen, how close are you sitting to the screen? You could place the sub behind the wall as an option, since low frequencies below about 80hz are non directional anyway. That way the phase of the woofer would be closer to that of your main speakers. Another option is along any wall or even a corner in the back.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Subwoofer placement in confined area - 02/25/14 04:18 AM
I have 2 subs behind my screen wall. As you mention, the screen is AT already, and hopefully any "wall" around the screen is done with acoustical transparent material as well, then you will be fine to put it back there. People do this all the time.

Here is my front speakers and two subs (One large SVS cylinder sub, and my DIY sub that I build to sonically match the SVS.)

Here is the same area with the screen up, and one of the bottom panels (black) in place. On the floor is a frame for one of the sides of the screen with the black AT fabric ready to be attached.

© Axiom Message Boards