Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Spiffy Question about VP150 Center Channel - 09/11/03 09:21 PM
I just ordered the VP150. I will be placing this underneath a da-lite 106" screen (front projection). Do I need to place this on a stand so that it sits right below the screen? If so, any stand recommendations?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Question about VP150 Center Channel - 09/11/03 10:12 PM
Good purchase!

I'd definitely recommend a stand of some sort. While the exact location of the VP150 is not very critical, it will sound the best if its tweeters are level with your left and right channel tweeters.

Here's a good place to start looking for stands:
http://www.racksandstands.com/
Posted By: sushi Re: Question about VP150 Center Channel - 09/11/03 11:29 PM
Yup, my VP150 is sitting on this stand that I got from RacksAndStands.com -- it places the VP150 right below my Da-Lite screen. They carry shorter stands, too.
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Question about VP150 Center Channel - 09/12/03 12:09 AM
Maybe take a look at the new Full Metal bracket... I love the idea of speakers just floating in the air, (I have my VP150 flying on two wires from the ceiling) not to mention the added benifit of nothing taking up floor space..
With the Axiom bracket you can use it to mount the speaker above or below the screen.. Check out Ians set up..

Posted By: JasonG Re: Question about VP150 Center Channel - 09/12/03 12:56 PM
I have my center channel mounted above my screen, tilted down toward the seating position. Works well for me.
Posted By: Spiffy Re: Question about VP150 Center Channel - 09/12/03 01:35 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I would like to mount this above the screen, but don't have the room.

Pmbuku & Sushi - Thanks for the lead on the stands....I am placing my order today!!!
© Axiom Message Boards