Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Trident Should I replace the tweeters? - 05/04/14 10:08 PM
I just bought an used EPIC80-500 V2 system from a guy couple days ago. After I hooked up with my receiver I immediately noticed that no sound from both tweeters on one of M80 speakers frown (the other speaker was OK).

I gave the speaker a kick, the tweeters worked. However after while it stopped again. another kick will make it work again. eek This was night so I kept the level pretty low.

The next day I tried to crank up the sound to check whether tweeters sound normal, to my surprise it working flawlessly. I kept play loud music for about 1 hour, then turn the level down (not too low though ). The tweeters still work fine.

Have you guys seen this kind of problem ? should I replace the tweeters ?

Thanks

Posted By: BBIBH Re: Should I replace the tweeters? - 05/04/14 10:32 PM
It may simply be a loose connection
Posted By: Trident Re: Should I replace the tweeters? - 05/04/14 10:42 PM
I thought that's the problem too at first. But it seemed so far that problem more likely happened at low not high volume.

wife kept asking turn the music down, but with the tweeters like this how can I grin
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Should I replace the tweeters? - 05/04/14 10:57 PM
It sounds like a loose connection to me too.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Should I replace the tweeters? - 05/05/14 03:31 AM
Loose connection would actually present itself at lower volume in my opinion. The more "power" going through the system, the more that it naturally wants to keep its connection. Electricity wants to continue to flow, but the lower the amount going through the system, the more likely that it won't have the "strength" to stay connected.

OK. Oversimplified, but you get the idea.
© Axiom Message Boards